Carry in Bowling Centers...Anyone know for sure? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Carry in Bowling Centers...Anyone know for sure?

douglasd
04-19-2008, 00:27
I would assume that a bowling center does not make half it's income on alcohol, with the price of games these days. Plus there are a lot of young people there spending money on food, pop, bowling, etc.

Usually the bar is in a separate room from the lanes, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Bottom line: Anyone here carry in a bowling center...and is it legal? (Assuming it's not posted).

steveksux
04-19-2008, 20:42
Unless its > 2500 seats, I don't see why not. Do bowlers drink that much to make up for the bowling profits?

Is it 51% based on gross income, profit, what? Law is too damn vague. They should have to post if they meet that criteria. We shouldn't be forced to freaking guess what their tax returns look like. It should be a bright line, clearly marked.

Randy

douglasd
04-20-2008, 19:35
I agree...just like a lot of the gun laws in Michigan, as well as a lot of other states.

I'm not sure if it's gross income or profit either. I know adult league bowlers drink a lot, but with the price of bowling a game these days, the league fees, the food, beverages (non-alcoholic), arcades, and when you figure the number of minors who bowl during open bowling and on "Cosmic Bowling" nights, I would think the alcohol wouldn't add up to half in either case.

Just wondering if anyone knew for sure.

Troubleshooter
04-20-2008, 19:48
I would unless posted. If posted they would not get my business.

Bumpadrum
04-21-2008, 08:31
I believe carrying while bowling would affect your approach and follow through.:whistling:

Fritzer
04-22-2008, 21:06
But it sounds like JUST the trick, for that one pesky pin that wobbles but WON'T fall down !!!
:tongueout:

douglasd
04-23-2008, 09:10
But it sounds like JUST the trick, for that one pesky pin that wobbles but WON'T fall down !!!
:tongueout:

:rofl: I agree.

I hear a lot about shooting bowling pins, so it must be legal.

Oh, wait...are you saying that when people talk about shooting bowling pins they're NOT doing it at the lanes? :supergrin:

phool
05-04-2008, 20:56
Over The Line!!!! Mark It Zero!!!