Just got my new carry pistol! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just got my new carry pistol!

bikethief
04-20-2008, 11:43
I love my glocks. I carried a 19 for 3 years and I've had a 26, 17, and 34. I made the mistake of selling my 26,19 and 17 to fund another project so I tried carrying the 34 for a while. After realizing it was too big to carry everyday, I decided to begin looking for a new compact for CCW. My search led me to the HK P-2000. It has a very reIasonable DA first shot and a crisp SA trigger break. The ergonomics are excellent and overall fit and finish more than justifies the slightly higher price range. I ran some drills this afternn (100+ rds.) and found that this thing groups just as well as my G34 which is longer by more or less 2 inches. Double tap controllability is slightly better than the G19 and the single action trigger really helps with my splits and tapping groups. My only gripe is the limited mag capacity (only 13rds.) but this is a minor issue often resolved by a quick mag change. Oh yeah, mags cost a fortune but I got a decent deal from HKTactical so no worries!

There are several trigger variants for the P2000. The one I got is the DA/SA with decocker variant (V3). I really like the decocker function but the variant getting the most attention is the LEM and CDA. Both function much like the Glock trigger and there are also no external safeies.

Here's what came in the case:
- unit
- mags
- manual
- factory test target (nice touch for a production pistol)
- complete cleaning kit

All in all, I really like this small pistol. This will be my primary carry as soon as I go through at least 400 rounds more to test reliability. I'm also prepping to shoot my new HK in the next IDPA match.

So if anyone is looking for an excellent CCW gun, I highly recommend the P2k. I thought I would never have a better CCW gun than the G19. I thought wrong.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p246/bikethief22/myp2k-1.jpg
Here's a quick pic I took as soon as I got home from the range. I'll post more pics tomorrow.

chowchow
04-20-2008, 12:29
Hanep ka pare. Side to side comparison with the Glock 19, which is bigger or thicker?

horge
04-20-2008, 16:11
:drool: :drool: :drool:

You guys have all the cool stuff !
Wish I had the peso to afford such things.

Congrats on the new blaster, bikethief! :thumbsup:

zij11zk
04-20-2008, 18:19
nice gun :) BIKETHIEF ---- Drool :)

jerrytrini
04-20-2008, 18:25
How is the disassembly compared to Glocks or Berettas?

isuzu
04-20-2008, 19:25
Congratulations on your HK. A friend in the Philippines bought a USP in 9mm when it was introduced at a gunshow in the mid-90's for P26,000.00 (license included). I guess it was a very good deal. I tried dry-firing it, and the trigger pull is so smooth.

Sweater
04-20-2008, 19:36
Congrats Bikethief, Im sure will love your new HK more than your previous carries.------------Sweater

bikethief
04-20-2008, 20:01
Dimensions: grip is slimmer than th G19 but the slide is a bit beefier

Disassembly: parang 1911. Pull the slide back a bit and pull out the slide stop. Barrel and guide rod are similar to Glock. I'll post pics later.

Thanks guys!

And congrats to Sweater nga pala! Hope to see you soon!

i_am_infinity
04-20-2008, 20:07
bro how much ung inabot and how much ung mga mags? did u get them from hktac? thanks

bikethief
04-20-2008, 20:33
Contact HKTactical nalang for pricing. The mags are around 4k each.

infinity: PM sent

Wp.22
04-20-2008, 20:53
ayos yan Tim, namiss ko tuloy yug USP9 ko buti na lang feloow BoG'S ang nakabili.

doubleB
04-21-2008, 03:11
Wow congrats, Range review soon.

Thanks,

BB

chocoboy
04-22-2008, 01:08
Bikethief, do they have the new P30? They say its the new P2000 w/ changeable grips...

bikethief
04-22-2008, 08:50
Nope. HKTactical doesn't have the P30 yet. I think next in line for local release is the new HK45. I'll keep you guys updated.

The P2000 also comes with 4 interchangeable backstraps. The P30 has back AND frontstrap inserts for more grip size options. Size difference is negligible:

.01" less length
.39" more height
.20" more bbl length
.26" longer sight radius

THe P30 has higher capacity though (15rds vs. 13rds for the P2k) and the sights are Novak clones so that's a plus for some people. It also has a captured slide stop meaning it stays attached to the frame when you disassemble the gun. This is a plus for people with clumsy hands.

Honestly, I don't understand where HK wanted to go with the P30. It looks like an upgrade to the still relatively new P2000 series but all of the updates border on the marginal to the downright trivial. Plus, they only released it in 9mm. It's kind of a dead end as far as marketing goes plus people are holding out on buying the P2000 just because they expect the P30 to be a worthy upgrade. Another classic example of a solution to a non-existent problem.

chocoboy
04-22-2008, 10:06
I just studied the P30's specs, it's (P30) grip is a bit longer compared to the P2000. Thus, making the P2000 more concealable in my opinion. That's my only complain w/ my M&P40. The P2000's barrel is also shorter (but negligable as bikethief's experience). I had a chance to shoot the P2000 a few yrs back (it's not that new), sad to say I didn't like the DA pull. It was too heavy for me. Though, the SA is really crisp and light (almost a 1911 trigger). Overall the P2000 would do just fine (or even better) as a CCW compared to the P30.

Congrats on your new purchase bikethief...

bikethief
04-22-2008, 19:06
Thanks chocoboy!

The DA first shot is , admittedly, not for everyone. The only reason I felt right at home with it is because the other 2 guns in my carry rotation are a glock34 and an SP101 so I'm quite used to DA triggers. As soon as HKTactical opens in MCS, please come and visit so you can sample the LEM trigger that HK offers on it's pistols as an alternative to DA/SA.

brawnless
04-22-2008, 20:21
As soon as HKTactical opens in MCS, please come and visit so you can sample the LEM trigger that HK offers on it's pistols as an alternative to DA/SA.

How "soon"? :supergrin:

Tie-up with the OTHER HK seller? :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

How would you describe the LEM trigger? Have read about it before but am still wondering how it feels.

isuzu
04-22-2008, 20:39
Bikethief,

How does it compare with the USP Compact?

Thanks!

bikethief
04-22-2008, 20:58
brawnless: No tie up with any other "seller." HKTactical is not only a re-seller but it's the official distributor of HK firearms in the Philippines so you can be sure we get reasonable prices from them. I'll update BOG on the progress. If you can gather enough shooters we can probably ask for a short demo from HK tactical. The LEM trigger has a long, soft (sub 2 pound pull), take-up and a crisp break.

Isuzu: It's 10x more ergonomic than the USPc and has a much improved DA pull. It uses the same mags I think.

brawnless
04-22-2008, 21:22
brawnless: No tie up with any other "seller." HKTactical is not only a re-seller but it's the official distributor of HK firearms in the Philippines so you can be sure we get reasonable prices from them. I'll update BOG on the progress. If you can gather enough shooters we can probably ask for a short demo from HK tactical. The LEM trigger has a long, soft (sub 2 pound pull), take-up and a crisp break.

Isuzu: It's 10x more ergonomic than the USPc and has a much improved DA pull. It uses the same mags I think.

bikethief:

hope they can address the issue of parts availability. nice move too WHILE glock pistols are still scarce.

how heavy is the take-up (or max trigger pull weight on it)? do their conversions allow for a short and light trigger pull?

bikethief
04-22-2008, 21:59
The LEM trigger won't be offered as a replacement for the DA/SA version pistols. The trigger groups can only be safely (read: within warranty) installed by certified HK armorers. Besides, you will have that gap on the slide where the decocker once was. You have to decide before ordering the pistol what trigger system you want on it. The LEM is really sweet. I shot a P2000SK with the LEM and I can say that it's a smoother version of the HS2000/Springer XD. Of course, only a hands on demo will help describe the experience.

Parts should be readily available once the store gets on its feet. To those interested in a demo, please post here or throw me a PM.

Clarification: I'm not in any way connected with HK or HKTactical. I am a fellow BOG member and a very happy HK owner who would like to share the experience to those interested.

Thanks!

Allegra
04-22-2008, 22:10
I'm looking for a new gun
I wanna see an HK shhoting demo!
Who's doing the demo?

chocoboy
04-23-2008, 00:07
count me in for the LEM demo...

brawnless
04-23-2008, 02:02
bikethief: thanks! do post details of the demo. if time permits, i would be interested.

Valor1
04-23-2008, 04:11
saan at kelan ang demo? parang kinakati na naman ako sa HK. ;-)

bertud ng putik
04-23-2008, 06:05
saan at kelan ang demo? parang kinakati na naman ako sa HK. ;-)

ang kati kati mo talaga... gusto mo kamutin ko?:supergrin:

batangueno
04-23-2008, 06:16
Very nice, congrats on your new toy bikethief. :thumbsup:

Vault Keeper
04-23-2008, 08:53
enjoy your new found love....:wave:

bikethief
04-23-2008, 10:31
I'll try to work it out that we can all participate in the demo. I'll ask HKTactical if they can provide demo units that we can fire at a range convenient to all parties. I'll keep you guys posted.

atmarcella
04-23-2008, 22:20
HK was the first pistol i really wanted. na loko lang ako ng trimark. im glad there's a new distributor.

Allegra
04-26-2008, 06:39
Onga pala ,
is the barrel polygonal?
I'm against jacketed rounds for humanitarian reasons e

antediluvianist
04-26-2008, 22:41
"My only gripe is the limited mag capacity (only 13rds.)"

bikethief, for a CARRY pistol with extra mags, you need more? Cinematography must be a tough profession.

Punisher_nbi45
04-28-2008, 02:48
Nice!!!

bikethief
04-28-2008, 03:08
"My only gripe is the limited mag capacity (only 13rds.)"

bikethief, for a CARRY pistol with extra mags, you need more? Cinematography must be a tough profession.

Haha!:rofl: You should see the hordes of young, nubile, starlet wannabe's doing their worst to get in front of my lens. Gotta have something to protect me from the boyfriend or the occassional stage mother.:supergrin:

bikethief
04-28-2008, 03:09
Onga pala ,
is the barrel polygonal?
I'm against jacketed rounds for humanitarian reasons e

Yep, polygonal siya. Humanitarian reasons?

Inhuman na ba presyo ng FMJ ngayon?:supergrin:

Allegra
04-28-2008, 03:56
Yep, polygonal siya. Humanitarian reasons?

Inhuman na ba presyo ng FMJ ngayon?:supergrin:

haha hindi talaga makatarungan

i_am_infinity
04-30-2008, 09:09
count me in on the demo sir BT. thanks