Firearms Rules & Regulations for Ky Horse Park and Rolex 3 Day Event [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Firearms Rules & Regulations for Ky Horse Park and Rolex 3 Day Event

HK45Mark23
04-21-2008, 01:41
Just as the title indicates, I am looking for any knowledge concerning conceal carry or any firearm rules concerning Kentucky Horse Park and specifically the Rolex 3 Day Event.

My girlfriend will be attending with her family. I canít find any information on the KY Horse Park web site, nor the Rolex web site.

We are hand gun permit holders from Southern Indiana.

HK45Mark23
04-21-2008, 12:23
Anyone?

amr40509
04-22-2008, 08:11
I don't recall seeing anything specific out there against CCDW.

I would sort of expect that before the Wold Equestrian Games in 2010 that they will post the place due to the sheer number of people (last estimate I heard was about 902,000 people expected to be coming to town then), but as far as I know nothing against it right now.

LD22
04-22-2008, 11:44
Per the KY Horse Park Police: they discourage visitors from bringing firearms onto the property, however there are no regulations which prohibit a legally licensed permit holder from carrying while at the horse park, provided the holder abides by all Kentucky Revised Statutes pertaining to CCW permits.

HK45Mark23
04-23-2008, 20:13
Per the KY Horse Park Police: they discourage visitors from bringing firearms onto the property, however there are no regulations which prohibit a legally licensed permit holder from carrying while at the horse park, provided the holder abides by all Kentucky Revised Statutes pertaining to CCW permits.

Where did you get your information?

I called the KYHP MP and they said no firearms.

Can you show me where it is legal. It is state property as well.

LD22
04-24-2008, 02:47
Where did you get your information?

From the Horse Park police. That's what I was told when I contacted them concerning the issue.

amr40509
04-24-2008, 05:03
I haven't been out there in a couple of months, but I really don't recall seeing any signs. I usually keep somewhat of an eye out for them.