Invicta Watches [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Invicta Watches

BMPregler
04-21-2008, 13:45
These look like solid watches for the money. Any opinions?
I like the Sub copy.

gruntmedik
04-21-2008, 20:37
The only one I have, the 8926, has been fine. There are some more pricey ones around, but I have no experience with them.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/gruntmedik/Invicta2resize.jpg

California Jack
04-21-2008, 21:09
Hey BMP,

You probably know this but Sam's carries Invictas. I have never really looked at the prices but you may want to check there before you buy.

No other input.

As a side, I was in Claremore (looking at the landslide) Friday and will be up there again on Weds. Nothing of interest, just talking local stuff to another Okie.

Jack

HerrGlock
04-22-2008, 01:40
Invicta uses standard innards and has a generally good warranty. I'm looking at a couple of them too just for grins and giggles.

Oh, Invicta, Hamilton, Torneau, and Accutron all have exactly the same watch (one of the models I'm looking at) with the dial and back of the watch having different markings for each and the three other brands I mentioned all have really good reputations so I cannot see where the Invicta would be anything other than similar if not exact quality.

HerrGlock
04-22-2008, 05:07
I was just mulling through a handful of watch articles and tripped over this one:

http://www.discountwatchstore.com/watch-reviews-1/
Invicta and Orient Watch Review

Invicta 8926 vs Orient 2ER00001B - A Comparison

RoyG
04-22-2008, 08:41
You can still get the old style with the coin bezel on Amazon. Picked one up about a month ago.

After a lifetime of Casio and Timex type watches I really like this one. Not much more then the digital ones but much classier.

Invicta Men's Pro Diver Watch 8926-1 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006U3WZE)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41iuUnMNvHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Dr. Obvious
04-22-2008, 13:37
Hey BMP,

You probably know this but Sam's carries Invictas. I have never really looked at the prices but you may want to check there before you buy.

I bought one there - it was around $106 or so. It's a decently made auto for very little dough.

RyanSBHF
04-22-2008, 21:08
I own the 9937 and it's been great. You get a lot for the money: Strong magnification bubble, solid end links, anti-reflective sapphire crystal, and a Swiss made ETA 2824 25 jewel movement, all for around $300. My particular watch cost $315.

HerrGlock
04-23-2008, 07:16
The only one I have, the 8926, has been fine. There are some more pricey ones around, but I have no experience with them.

Just as an absolute aside, is that you over on watchesyouseek with the same username? :supergrin:

gruntmedik
04-24-2008, 20:46
Just as an absolute aside, is that you over on watchesyouseek with the same username? :supergrin:

Yeppers. :supergrin:

Although, I haven't been on there in awhile.

PeterJasonMN
04-25-2008, 23:51
I have the two-tone diver. I need to have the band taken in some before I can start wearing it out though.

gruntmedik
04-26-2008, 00:07
It's easy to do yourself. :thumbsup:

LifterCatcher
04-28-2008, 21:05
I like Invita but I do not like how they steal looks from other Ie Rolex Bell and Ross

betyourlife
04-28-2008, 21:29
Good watches, lot's of compliments, low prices if you buy online.

VirginiaLEO83
04-30-2008, 17:48
I like Invita but I do not like how they steal looks from other Ie Rolex Bell and Ross

Heck, everyone these days makes a Submariner look-alike.

Black Bart
05-22-2008, 13:09
Great looking watches!

RyansFortyFives
05-22-2008, 13:24
You still can't beat the Marathon SAR lineup. I've been drooling over the TSAR and JSAR for about a year now. I still don't have the scratch to pull the trigger on one of those anyways.

OrangeJoe
05-26-2008, 13:36

I really liked it when they copied the Seiko Orange Monster, only problem was they sold it for a higher price than the Seiko.

:rofl:

OrangeJoe
05-26-2008, 13:38
You still can't beat the Marathon SAR lineup. I've been drooling over the TSAR and JSAR for about a year now. I still don't have the scratch to pull the trigger on one of those anyways.

Have you compared them to the Seiko Tuna Diver?

Liquid
05-27-2008, 18:37
no experience with them but i am pretty sure i saw a coupon for costco on a similar model. the cost is $50.00 after a $50.00 coupon, good luck.

jastroud
06-09-2008, 18:22
no experience with them but i am pretty sure i saw a coupon for costco on a similar model. the cost is $50.00 after a $50.00 coupon, good luck.

You are correct. I picked one up today. Pretty decent watch for the price. Will become my daily beater. My only gripe is the lack of a screw down crown.

hippy john
08-25-2008, 22:02
This is the Invicta Sea Ghost that I got from T.J. Max a couple days ago. Keeps great time, and looks nice. I have a couple nice watches, but always seem to find room for one more. And at $50, I really dont mind wearing it just about everywhere.

The Rampage
08-26-2008, 02:34
Hate to go against the grain here and I don't own a single Invicta so take it for what it's worth...

But I've read more than a few threads (perhaps on WUS?) harshly critical of Invicta's warranty and customer service, and even more gripes about a supposed lack of QC in their factories. One dealer was even going on about how he no longer deals with Invicta as they're a PITA and don't honor their word.

That aside, they seem to be fine if you're looking for a cheap, attractive, supposedly reliable Rolex knock-off to use as a beater. They make some decent models with automatic movements, sapphire glass and online you'd easily find one for well under $300. At that price, I figure if the watch lasts five years you've gotten your money's worth and can afford the minor repair bill you'll have to foot yourself when it breaks down.

To be perfectly honest, though...if you're looking for Rolex/Omega knockoffs, you'd be FAR better served just getting yourself an Orient (Mako or the Submariner copy), as they're even cheaper than the Invictas and, from everything I've ever read, seen, heard or experienced (I own three Orients) they're superior to Invicta in every way.

TR

The Rampage
08-26-2008, 02:39
Here you go...Orient's Rolex Knockoff:

http://www.kenmarwatches.com/orient/2ER00001B/

I found a comparison between this and Invicta's knockoff, once upon a time. I'll bet a quick Google or WUS search will turn it up quite easily. IIRC, the Orient won, hands down.

Take a look.

TR

VirginiaLEO83
08-26-2008, 07:07
I picked up an Invicta 3914 Chronograph a few months ago off of Woot and I've been very happy with it. The fit and finish is great, feels like a solid well made watch. Swiss movement and sapphire crystal, all for under $150. Pretty good deal I thought. I usually wear it to work a few days a week and I always get complimented on it.

While I've never played with Invicta's "Rolex" knockoff, I do own the Orient knockoff that Rampage posted. Between these two at least, the Orient can't compare to the Invicta. The Orient, to me, has a cheap feel to it and doesn't seem to have the fit and finish of the Invicta. While the Invicta seems to have the quality of a expensive swiss watch, the Orient is like every other cheap Jap watch I've handled. While I've had no problems with it, nothing stands out about it either.

http://www.luxurycorner.com/images/large/invicta/invicta-3914.jpg

VirginiaLEO83
08-26-2008, 07:13
Here's one comparison:

The Rampage
08-26-2008, 07:28
Here's one comparison:

That's the one I was talking about!

I stand corrected, the Orient didn't completely smash the Invicta.

LEO, you own that Submariner knockoff? I always thought about getting the black one as a back-up to my Mako, but the smaller size kept me away. It's a nice watch, though.

OP, again, I have absolutely no experience with Invicta's so don't go on my word, alone. I know only what I've read in forums, and evidently my recollections fail me half the time.

Orient can make some crappy models (my Kingmaster, for one) and as LEO said, the band can sometimes feel cheap. Actually, the Kingmaster is an awesome watch and the band is phenomenal...but the f'ing crown gets yanked out due to poor design and I rarely wear that watch anymore.

I'll admit that the hollow links and flimsy clasp of my Mako don't inspire much confidence and aren't nearly as solid as my Seiko Sumo, but I paid $108 for my Mako and over $400 for my Sumo, so there you go. Main thing that matters to me is how GOOD it looks, and the Mako looks GOOD.

But like I said, there ain't no harm in going with either of the two brands, Orient or Invicta. At that price point, long-term reliability and warranties and bands and whatever are moot points as you aren't getting a Benz for a Corolla's pricetag. With the japs you get a reliable workhorse at an amazing price, so if your budget is under $400 then that's precisely the way I'd go.

Good luck with whatever you choose, and don't worry about it. You'll be fine regardless of which you decide on.

TR

tampashooters
08-26-2008, 07:46
I own the Invicta in post #2, and love it for vacations. I normally wear my Rolex Datejust, but when I go vacation, i have to leave that home.

The Invicta has gone on 8 cruises, and many vacations so far, and has held up to alot of bashing. Cave Tubing in Belize, Snorkeling in the Caymens, Hiking in Hawaii, etc. The crystal is still clear and scratch free, the metal band has some scratches and dents, but it has never failed me. I don't dive, but it does hold up great to prolonged snorkeling. You really can't beat the price, as they often sell these for $60+.

VirginiaLEO83
08-26-2008, 20:00
That's the one I was talking about!

I stand corrected, the Orient didn't completely smash the Invicta.

LEO, you own that Submariner knockoff? I always thought about getting the black one as a back-up to my Mako, but the smaller size kept me away. It's a nice watch, though.

OP, again, I have absolutely no experience with Invicta's so don't go on my word, alone. I know only what I've read in forums, and evidently my recollections fail me half the time.

Orient can make some crappy models (my Kingmaster, for one) and as LEO said, the band can sometimes feel cheap. Actually, the Kingmaster is an awesome watch and the band is phenomenal...but the f'ing crown gets yanked out due to poor design and I rarely wear that watch anymore.

I'll admit that the hollow links and flimsy clasp of my Mako don't inspire much confidence and aren't nearly as solid as my Seiko Sumo, but I paid $108 for my Mako and over $400 for my Sumo, so there you go. Main thing that matters to me is how GOOD it looks, and the Mako looks GOOD.

But like I said, there ain't no harm in going with either of the two brands, Orient or Invicta. At that price point, long-term reliability and warranties and bands and whatever are moot points as you aren't getting a Benz for a Corolla's pricetag. With the japs you get a reliable workhorse at an amazing price, so if your budget is under $400 then that's precisely the way I'd go.

Good luck with whatever you choose, and don't worry about it. You'll be fine regardless of which you decide on.

TR

Yep, I've got the Orient Submariner knockoff in blue. Picked it up from Long Island Watch, IIRC. As I said, it's not a bad watch and I don't have the Invicta model to compare to, but I just wasn't totally blown away with it like I thought I would be.

USMCsilver
09-06-2008, 19:07
Yep, I've got the Orient Submariner knockoff in blue. Picked it up from Long Island Watch, IIRC. As I said, it's not a bad watch and I don't have the Invicta model to compare to, but I just wasn't totally blown away with it like I thought I would be.

Why would you ever think that you'd be "blown away" by a knock-off watch from a cheap Chinese company that can't sell their own design? :dunno:

I'm not trying to be an ass here, it's an honest question.

VirginiaLEO83
09-08-2008, 08:41
Why would you ever think that you'd be "blown away" by a knock-off watch from a cheap Chinese company that can't sell their own design? :dunno:

I'm not trying to be an ass here, it's an honest question.

I know your "sensitive" when it comes to the topic of Rolex, for whatever reason, so I'll also try to not be an ass. Here's your honest answer. :cool:

From what I had heard of Orient, I expected a product that was of higher quality then what I received. I'm well aware that it is based on the Submariner design. I liked the way it looked and based on the reviews I had read I figured I would give them a shot. That is why I wasn't "blown away". I wasn't expecting a Rolex at all, but I was expecting something more then what I received for the money.

While I know that I also used the word "knock off" in my previous post, that's probably not the right term. Orient is not selling fake Rolex's, they are selling a watch that is inspired by a design from Rolex, which they should take as a compliment. This is different then if I picked up a "replica" off some dumpy website and then complained about it.

If I wanted to buy a Rolex then I would have gone out and bought one.

USMCsilver
09-15-2008, 16:55
I'm still at a loss why anyone would buy ANYTHING (not just a watch) that has well known competition and brand/quality recognition and is in the same price range.

Hell, for the money, a Seiko would have done more than sufficed. And, FWIW, I enjoy Seikos and have had a chance to play with their "high end" models and was more than impressed.

Anyway...it's your money, I'd never tell ya how to spend it. Again, just confused to see someone disappointed when they...well, nevermind.

(Used Tags ain't too much...)

MyNewGlock23
02-04-2009, 10:53
Invicta makes some pretty nice stuff. I have two, an older Lupah diver and the Anniversary Edition Quinotaur in Rose Gold. Love them both. I have the Lupah on now... This one is my all time favorite:

http://twelve09photo.smugmug.com/photos/365299779_4ENPV-L.jpg

AdobeGlock
02-12-2009, 18:05
"Why would you ever think that you'd be "blown away" by a knock-off watch from a cheap Chinese company that can't sell their own design?"

Good point. I guess that's why I'm not "blown away" by my Glocks since they are just a cheap Austrian knock-off of a $3,000 customized Colt 1911. Oh and the knock-off watches are made in Japan like a Honda rather than the Swiss, oh wait, the Swiss are incapable of producing an automobile.

California Jack
02-12-2009, 18:24
:dunno: I don't get it.

USMCsilver
02-18-2009, 09:35
I guess that's why I'm not "blown away" by my Glocks since they are just a cheap Austrian knock-off of a $3,000 customized Colt 1911.

Wow?!? A Glock is a knock-off of a 1911? That's news to me.

Hmm...

Polymer frame vs. steel frame
No external safety vs. manual safety
Double-stack vs. single stack
No backstrap safety vs. backstrap safety
Not so accurate vs. more accurate
5.5 lb. pull vs. 1 lb. reliably if desired

Thank you. Come again! :tongueout:

AdobeGlock
02-22-2009, 19:33
Sorry about last post guys-just venting after along day. Not everybody on this is going to be able to pay Rolex amounts of cash for a watch. I'm one of those and although I enjoy reading about your watches, I was really bothered me when this guy was asking for info about what he could afford not what he couldn't. It felt a lot like buying my first Glock and having the gun store guys go on and on about real men having Les Bear 1911 was the only way to go. I've had some some great help from this watch forum.

California Jack
02-23-2009, 19:01
If I'm one of the people you are apologizing to, there was no need. I just didn't get your post. I get it now, pretty good rant.