knife [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : knife

jeric777
04-22-2008, 07:54
pwede mag-papasok ng knife? o bawal?

horge
04-22-2008, 15:35
You mean bringing them into the country (Philippines)?
Setting aside what the country-of-origin's policies are,
on check-in luggage do's and dont's...
(those in the US should check w/ TSA)

I don't know of any Phil. restrictions on bringing in knives,
unless the quantity exceeds reasonable personal-use,
and then it's an import permit issue.

Does anyone know of a Philippine bladed-weapon restriction
for arriving travellers?

gen1
04-22-2008, 15:43
from US, basta nasa checked-in baggage, no problem.

I've brought home chefs knives, utility / swiss knives.

jeric777
04-22-2008, 21:39
sorry hindi ko nilinaw. pag nag order ako sa internet, makaka pasok ba dito? o haharangin sa customs?

Frontsight68
04-23-2008, 02:48
sorry hindi ko nilinaw. pag nag order ako sa internet, makaka pasok ba dito? o haharangin sa customs?

Knives are allowed regardless of quantity, you will just pay the necessary duties and taxes.

Frontsight

Poodle
04-23-2008, 04:12
Can we bring in knives to the US in our checked in luggage?

MrMurphy
04-23-2008, 05:10
Shouldn't be a problem....i've done it before.

batangueno
04-23-2008, 06:20

Never had problems although hindi pa nabuksan sa post office. I have the package declared as "hand tools". :supergrin:

arzon
04-23-2008, 07:26
Never had problems although hindi pa nabuksan sa post office. I have the package declared as "hand tools". :supergrin:

Never opened sa post office? Now that's something.

Kaiser Soze
04-23-2008, 11:10
It's hit or miss. I ordered knives online before, some came through, some got lost (never to be found), and some were held at the post office...held...for ransom, with threats that my package would be turned over to the police (for the record, the items held were FISH SCALERS AND NOT KNIVES!) I was charged a LOT, but was given a receipt with a very LOW amount printed on it. Gotta love the corruption.

CatsMeow
04-23-2008, 19:14

A knife IS a "hand tool"!:supergrin: You did not misdeclare it. No different from the box cutters I saw amid those screwdrivers and wrenches at the hardware store last night.

KevlarSix
04-24-2008, 07:07
A knife IS a "hand tool"!:supergrin: You did not misdeclare it. No different from the box cutters I saw amid those screwdrivers and wrenches at the hardware store last night.

I declare these as collectible cutlery. BIG difference on how you label the package.

KevlarSix