Ride Like A Pro DVD....or others. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ride Like A Pro DVD....or others.

aaronrkelly
04-23-2008, 22:46
Ive got the MSF class schedules but the earliest its going to be is July and I might not get in until the August class.

Im riding every day I can but I would really like to learn more skills. Im thinking an instruction video couldnt hurt.

I know these DVDs arent THAT expensive but thought maybe one of you guys might have one laying around I could borrow.

I, of course, would pay shipping both ways and replace it if it was damaged.

davew83
04-24-2008, 07:46
get a copy of twist of the wrist book and dvd by keith code good to have around and read and be able to go back and reference. I race regionally, and nationally ( ranked in the top 15 in 2 classes with WERA) and still go back through and look at the book from time to time to see if there is something I can work on that he talks about.

aaronrkelly
04-25-2008, 10:00
OK....lets go about this another way.

If I buy a couple of these DVDs is anyone else interested in watching them.

We could form a list. When your done you send it to the next person on the list, so on and so on.

GlockSupremacy
04-25-2008, 14:51

We could form a list. When your done you send it to the next person on the list, so on and so on.

I've heard good things about twist of the wrist dvd by keith code...but i'll watch anything motorcycle related.

I have moto gp videos like faster, the "Texas tornado, Kentucky kid and the doctor" etc. but nothing on how to become a better rider...sadly.

So let me know what you think of the videos if you get them, ill see if i can find some on net flix...if the gf will let me get them!

popnfresh
06-28-2008, 22:57

Well if you going to share it you might as well just download the torrents of all the above mentioned, they are available and already being shared by your internet friends.

aaronrkelly
06-28-2008, 23:16
Well if you going to share it you might as well just download the torrents of all the above mentioned, they are available and already being shared by your internet friends.

I guess I dont see the similarity there.

If I download the DVD Im stealing it....

If I purchase the DVD its mine. I can watch it and practice the techniques for a couple weeks then send it to the next guy....repeat process....

No different then the thousands of instructional videos and books you can get at the library.

....but then what would you have to post about.

popnfresh
06-28-2008, 23:25
I guess I dont see the similarity there.

If I download the DVD Im stealing it....

If I purchase the DVD its mine. I can watch it and practice the techniques for a couple weeks then send it to the next guy....repeat process....

No different then the thousands of instructional videos and books you can get at the library.

....but then what would you have to post about.

Yeah same thing as a torrent, your sharing it. One copy purchased but viewed by many. X number of people that wont pay for the DVD.

and it is true I have nothing else to post about.... well CTACs too but I couldn't work into this thread.

aaronrkelly
06-28-2008, 23:53
Yeah same thing as a torrent, your sharing it. One copy purchased but viewed by many. X number of people that wont pay for the DVD.

So public library = bit torrent

That doesnt makes since....

x number of peple that wont pay for the book, DVD, internet service etc.

Your analysis doesnt hold water, legally nor rationally (well....it does for you I guess).

If I buy a movie and invite friends over to watch it or loan it to them; to you thats the same as providing a bit torrent of it.....are you for real?

One is illegal reproduction.....the other is not....there is no reproduction at all...just letting others use my property.

No different then letting my neighbor use my weed eater.

popnfresh
06-29-2008, 01:26
So public library = bit torrent

That doesnt makes since....

x number of peple that wont pay for the book, DVD, internet service etc.

Your analysis doesnt hold water, legally nor rationally (well....it does for you I guess).

If I buy a movie and invite friends over to watch it or loan it to them; to you thats the same as providing a bit torrent of it.....are you for real?

One is illegal reproduction.....the other is not....there is no reproduction at all...just letting others use my property.

No different then letting my neighbor use my weed eater.

Doesn't hold water for me either, but I'm sure the guy that made the video or wrote the book doesn't appreciate you sharing it around the country. Torrent or you sharing one single copy of the video either way the guy isn't getting money for his work. Blockbuster, etc. have to pay 4 times what you do for the right to rent out their videos or borrow them out for free.

It is a losing argument but I always enjoy arguing it. DVRs, VCRs, cassette recorders, records all received the same cries of theft.

Halojumper
06-29-2008, 18:26
Doesn't hold water for me either, but I'm sure the guy that made the video or wrote the book doesn't appreciate you sharing it around the country. Torrent or you sharing one single copy of the video either way the guy isn't getting money for his work. Blockbuster, etc. have to pay 4 times what you do for the right to rent out their videos or borrow them out for free.

It is a losing argument but I always enjoy arguing it. DVRs, VCRs, cassette recorders, records all received the same cries of theft.

It's a losing argument because it's wrong. The standard that the courts have upheld is that if more than one person (location) can be using it at one time, then it is fraudulent copying. When person A lends it to person B, he no longer has access to it, so is sacrificing his rights to it, for the moment. Now if person B copies it when he borrows it, he has committed an offense, but it wasn't the sharing.

As far as him getting pissed, I highly suspect Jerry Palladino would be thrilled that people like his work so much that they are sharing it. Besides, legitimate sharing like that will never make the impact that illegal copying and pirating would.

Halojumper
06-29-2008, 18:28
Ive got the MSF class schedules but the earliest its going to be is July and I might not get in until the August class.

Im riding every day I can but I would really like to learn more skills. Im thinking an instruction video couldnt hurt.

I know these DVDs arent THAT expensive but thought maybe one of you guys might have one laying around I could borrow.

I, of course, would pay shipping both ways and replace it if it was damaged.

I recently picked one up and highly recommend it. A few of us got together and watched it, then set up the exercises out in the parking lot and practiced for a couple of hours. I felt a huge gain and I think many others felt improvements (of varying degrees) also. It was well worth it.

Slagged
06-29-2008, 19:01
Nothing wrong with keith codes stuff. Ever think about a little track time?

Halojumper
06-29-2008, 19:05

If you want to do that, I think you'll still find the Motorman videos useful.

aaronrkelly
06-29-2008, 22:05

Neither of my bikes would be at home on the track.

GlockSupremacy
06-29-2008, 23:46

Im probably going to buy his book..too many people recommend it.

Not sure who your question was directed to but I'll answer anyway, yes i have. I have a track day scheduled in august.

So now a question for you (can take to pm's as well) I saw your avatar pic in another thread and wanted to ask about it.

So if you will, give me the specs! MMmmmm sweet race body work.....