Gma 7 Takeover in 1987 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gma 7 Takeover in 1987

chowchow
04-24-2008, 08:27
Naka FAL rifle pa itong rebeldeng sundalo .

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/389827460_0264246075.jpg?v=0

Left guy has a shoestring M16 sling. Last guy on right has WW2 type handheld radio. Cellphone dati.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/165/389832516_7a294f26bc.jpg?v=0

atmarcella
04-24-2008, 09:01
you forgot to mention the icom vhf handheld. nung 80's mga tigas lang meron nun.

chowchow
04-24-2008, 13:51
Kahit ano ang M 60 MG is iconic of Vietnam as well as Rambo First Blood.

Clusterbomb
04-24-2008, 20:28
Kahit ano ang M 60 MG is iconic of Vietnam as well as Rambo First Blood.

Ever tried draping linked 7.62mm ammo around your body like that?

I have. Man, ang bigat!!

magsasaka
04-24-2008, 21:11
Hi sirs and look at those uzi's sa background, i can still remember there was one coup where two APC's were firing machine guns at each other sa santa mesa ata yun, nagpapalakpakan pa mga nanonood sa gilid-gilid, hehehe... ah well...

chowchow
04-24-2008, 22:55
Blank ammo ba ang gamit, pang tatakot ?

bmag
04-24-2008, 23:14
For a while there..I was searching for Uzis.
He he.
Nako me bata pa.

Vault Keeper
04-24-2008, 23:56
For a while there..I was searching for Uzis.
He he.
Nako me bata pa.

:supergrin:hehehe...me too! But those people served as the first line of defense and spelled out the difference!

Nice to remember those days....:hugs:

paltik45
04-25-2008, 00:14
[QUOTE=chowchow;10349593]Naka FAL rifle pa itong rebeldeng sundalo .

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/389827460_0264246075.jpg?v=0

The guy on the left has a 1911. :shocked: Officer kaya?

chowchow
04-25-2008, 07:54
Marcos Loyalists ang mga rebelde nito. Of course, karamihan taga Norte.

astig007
04-26-2008, 00:15
these are not loyalists but instead are part of the RAM group. notice the 'guardians' head band.

and here I was, looking for the same IMI UZIs' :)

isuzu
04-26-2008, 12:51
you forgot to mention the icom vhf handheld. nung 80's mga tigas lang meron nun.

It's either a 02-N or a 02-AT.

isuzu
04-26-2008, 12:55
i can still remember there was one coup where two APC's were firing machine guns at each other sa santa mesa ata yun

There was a story that came out in the Army circles that during the 1990 coup, an infantryman fired an anti-tank rocket (or was it a 90-RR?) on an APC. One of the casualties inside the APC was his brother.

Chowchow,

Try looking for the footage of a soldier firing a 90-RR either in Sta. Ana or Sta. Mesa during the 1987 coup. The news said that the shell hit and damaged a house in Marikina. Fortunately, nobody was inside the house.

BTW, the soldier with the FAL reminds me of a band member of VST and Company.:supergrin:

gen1
04-26-2008, 18:10
BTW, the soldier with the FAL reminds me of a band member of VST and Company.:supergrin:

Val sotto ? :supergrin:

chowchow
04-26-2008, 19:08
Naka FAL, hanep. Baka designated marksman yata . Noon dati walang scopes ang snipers.

There was a story that came out in the Army circles that during the 1990 coup, an infantryman fired an anti-tank rocket (or was it a 90-RR?) on an APC. One of the casualties inside the APC was his brother.

Chowchow,

Try looking for the footage of a soldier firing a 90-RR either in Sta. Ana or Sta. Mesa during the 1987 coup. The news said that the shell hit and damaged a house in Marikina. Fortunately, nobody was inside the house.

magsasaka
04-26-2008, 22:44
sorry if i misled you sirs, si col honasan ata tsaka si manong johnny naka Uzi that time or was it in 1986?:embarassed:

sir chow: yup live rounds were fired...

sir isuzu: i also heard that one on the radio it was so unfortunate and yes +1 on that VST looking soldier...

bulm540
04-26-2008, 23:01
I think that incident happened in CAmp Aguinaldo when the rebels were assaulting the camp. The brother was in an LVT and teh other was manning a 90 RR or a 75 MM cannon.

Clusterbomb
04-27-2008, 18:53
sorry if i misled you sirs, si col honasan ata tsaka si manong johnny naka Uzi that time or was it in 1986?:embarassed:

sir isuzu: i also heard that one on the radio it was so unfortunate and yes +1 on that VST looking soldier...

If I remember the old footages right, Gringo carried a strange-looking M-14 with a short barrel and a folding stock slung on one shoulder and a 9mm Browning Hi-Power on a chest holster.

Yup, the guy with the FN rifle is none other than Val Sotto of VST & Co. Jokes lang! He does look like him though, ha-ha!

isuzu
04-27-2008, 22:47
Looking at the second picture, I admire the soldiers' gun handling. Naka trigger finger out.

glock26ph
04-28-2008, 08:46
I think that incident happened in CAmp Aguinaldo when the rebels were assaulting the camp. The brother was in an LVT and teh other was manning a 90 RR or a 75 MM cannon.

Yup, the wall where the LVT broke through was the part near temple drive, just about the area where you have the make shift u-turn slot.

glock26ph
04-28-2008, 09:06
Chowchow,

Sir,

The 1987 GMA coup attempt was relatively bloodless, the key players were the late Arturo Tolentino and a certain General? Canlas.

The "bloodier" coup attempt happened in 1989 involving Gringo et al. The RAM boys almost won as they were able to muster considerable support from a lot of the military groups including the airforce. Ex president Cory Aquino was even said to have "hidden under her bed" (late Louie Beltran).
I think the projectile which hit the house in marikina came from the rockets fired from the planes which were bombing the camps. I was able to watch them from our roof, there were indeed american F4 phantoms involved. The intervention of the American airforces turned the favor back to the government's side. It was during this time that then general Biazon gave the "back to barracks" order to the rebels inside Camp Aguinaldo.

A lot of areas in the Metro were considered War Zones - The Makati Commercial Business District (displaced foriegn tourists, pock marked atrium building, pacific star among others), QC - white plains, camp Aguinaldo, Camelot Hotel, EDSA - San Juan. We had almost a month long vacation from school because of this.

bulm540
04-28-2008, 18:21
THe AMericans called them persuasion flights.

Clusterbomb
04-28-2008, 21:48
A lot of areas in the Metro were considered War Zones - The Makati Commercial Business District (displaced foriegn tourists, pock marked atrium building, pacific star among others), QC - white plains, camp Aguinaldo, Camelot Hotel, EDSA - San Juan. We had almost a month long vacation from school because of this.

Strangely enough, buses continued to ply the Monumento-Baclaran route even when as Camp Aguinaldo was being bombed. Where they were re-routed, i don't know. But I was at the corner of Munoz and Roosevelt Ave. that morning and the bus conductors were even shouting:

"O, YUNG MANUNOOD NG GIYERA D'YAN, SAKAY NA, SAKAY NA!!"

chowchow
04-28-2008, 22:29
Me and my classmates were reviewing for our Board Exams , we were staying in a dormitory in Paco, Manila. Morning of Dec 1 yata we got to see those Tora 2 and subsequent gunfire . The rest was glued to the radio.

Sir,

The 1987 GMA coup attempt was relatively bloodless, the key players were the late Arturo Tolentino and a certain General? Canlas.

The "bloodier" coup attempt happened in 1989 involving Gringo et al. The RAM boys almost won as they were able to muster considerable support from a lot of the military groups including the airforce. Ex president Cory Aquino was even said to have "hidden under her bed" (late Louie Beltran).
I think the projectile which hit the house in marikina came from the rockets fired from the planes which were bombing the camps. I was able to watch them from our roof, there were indeed american F4 phantoms involved. The intervention of the American airforces turned the favor back to the government's side. It was during this time that then general Biazon gave the "back to barracks" order to the rebels inside Camp Aguinaldo.

bulm540
04-29-2008, 17:16
I remembered thay almost Got Mitra's son. Destoyed his Pajero and killed his driver.