Working at Quantico... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Working at Quantico...

NOCM
04-29-2008, 05:23
Good morning. I am a former E-5 from the USAF who just got a position with the DoD (civilian), stationed at Quantico. Can anybody give me any tips about what it is like there?

Can disabled vets (not medically retired) working for the DoD use the commissary?

Tips for getting around base? traffic?

Thanks!!!!

NOCM

NOCM
05-03-2008, 17:13
Nobody has worked at Quantico?

Ignition
05-05-2008, 00:04
as long as you have a DoD ID card... chances are you should be fine for using the PX and such

NOCM
05-07-2008, 16:24
Anybody else know? Anybody else have any tips for working on a Marine Base...?

Marine8541
05-08-2008, 16:00
as long as you have a DoD ID card... chances are you should be fine for using the PX and such

Very few DoD civilian employees have MWR privileges and those that do have them are usually at hardship posts.

deadday
05-08-2008, 17:28
Good morning. I am a former E-5 from the USAF who just got a position with the DoD (civilian), stationed at Quantico. Can anybody give me any tips about what it is like there?

Can disabled vets (not medically retired) working for the DoD use the commissary?

Tips for getting around base? traffic?

Thanks!!!!

NOCM

When you say disabled, do you mean medically seperated or medically retired? If you were medically retired, you should have a blue ID card, which does grant MWR priveledges. If you were medically seperated, then you generally get 2 years of BX/PX priveledges from the date of seperation, but nothing afterwards.

drew

Marine8541
05-08-2008, 22:53
When you say disabled, do you mean medically seperated or medically retired? If you were medically retired, you should have a blue ID card, which does grant MWR priveledges. If you were medically seperated, then you generally get 2 years of BX/PX priveledges from the date of seperation, but nothing afterwards.

drew

Or if your rating is 100% P&T then you have a brown ID card that grants full MWR. NCOM google up Chapter 2 DOD 1330 R. that's the reg that cover Comm/PX use, I'm having PC issues. This may help some too. http://www.commissaries.com/documents/contact_deca/faqs/authorized_shopping.cfm

deadday
05-08-2008, 22:56
Or if your rating is 100% P&T then you have a brown ID card that grants full MWR.

Didn't know that, thanks!

drew

NOCM
05-14-2008, 10:20
I'm medically separated with a 40% service connected disability. I guess I won't be able to use the commissary...

Thanks for the replies!