HOLY Sheep! Cowboywannbe were you there? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : HOLY Sheep! Cowboywannbe were you there?

mossy500camo
04-29-2008, 09:05
I was monitoring my scanner radio when I heard this. You guys & surrounding LEO did a Great job catching that slime bag.
West Point Police Chief Hit By Car

Posted: April 28, 2008 11:07 PM EDT

Viewer Feedback

Comment On This Story

Top Local Headlines

Police chief injured in apparent hit and run

Update: Baby Joseph dies from incurable disease

Georgia Election Season Opens

NRF say consumers will spend this Mother's day, but not as much

Local Child Recovering From Third Degree Burns

Donate, adopt, and have one on them

Economic Stimulus Checks Arriving Ahead of Schedule

Families welcome combat team returning home from Iraq

Friend and Family to host skate-a-thon to help teen battling brain tumor

Double Tragedy For Tallapoosa County High School

by: Taylor Barnhill
WTVM East Alabama Reporter
tbarnhill@wtvm.com

April 28, 2008

WEST POINT, Ga. (WTVM) -- Police Chief David Kerr pulled over a passing vehicle for a noise violation, Monday afternoon, but he soon discovered, what was supposed to be a routine traffic stop, was anything but routine.

At 3:45 Monday afternoon West Point Police Chief David Kerr and Captain Robert Fawley pulled over a gray Monte Carlo for a noise violation.

As Chief Kerr reached for the driver's license, the driver took off, dragging the chief 89 feet down the road.

Captain Fawley ran to the chief's side after the he was struck, "I was there until he was transported. His condition, then, is why I contacted EMS." Chief Kerr was transported by Life-Flight to Columbus Medical Center.

The suspect, 25-year-old Christopher Antonio Gilliam, fled the scene after striking Chief Kerr, but was apprehended an hour later. "He made arrangements with local law enforcement and turned himself in," said Fawley.

Gilliam was transported to Troup County Jail and later taken to the West Point Police Station. Gilliam is facing charges of aggravated assault to a police officer and several traffic violations. "In the state of Georgia it's a felony if it's aggravated assault on a police officer, which heightens the penalties," Captain Fawley told News Leader Nine.

West Point police Captain Robert Fawley said the suspect is no stranger to the law, "He's known to law enforcement. I've been working here 20 years, he's 25 years old, so he was five when I started working. We get to know our individuals when we're working in the city limits."

Police would not release what charges Gilliam faced in the past, and at this time they still don't know why he fled the scene.

Chief Kerr was treated at the Columbus Medical Center for injuries to his head, neck and back. No additional information on his condition is available at this time, but stay tuned to News Leader Nine for updates.

cowboywannabe
05-19-2008, 17:22
sorry im so late. i havent been here for a while....

yeah, we got him, long story short, he had dope and panicked, getting the chief caught up in the seatbelt apparatus...

about an hour later we had him in custody...

chief is fine, the bump on his melon made him forget some of my oh-s****!