What range does everyone visit? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What range does everyone visit?

Breadfan63
04-30-2008, 09:29
Seems the Georgia section here isnt really all that active. Just wondering which range(s) you guys and gals visit most frequently. For me, it's American Classic Marksman because it's the closest to my home.

GlocksForGoons
05-01-2008, 11:58
Seems the Georgia section here isnt really all that active. Just wondering which range(s) you guys and gals visit most frequently. For me, it's American Classic Marksman because it's the closest to my home.

I go to Bullseye in downtown Lawrenceville. It's $5 per lane for the first 30 minutes and $3 every 30 minutes after that. That beats $16 a person every single time and usually they will round down for the 30 minute mark. I usually leave with an $8 bill after buying a few targets. They always listen to my noobie questions and don't act like a bunch of jerks like the American Classic Marksman on spalding drive in Norcross that I've been to.

Tom B
05-02-2008, 06:12
Cool Springs Gun Club near Roberta.

birdbarian
05-02-2008, 22:26
I go to Bullseye in downtown Lawrenceville. It's $5 per lane for the first 30 minutes and $3 every 30 minutes after that. That beats $16 a person every single time and usually they will round down for the 30 minute mark. I usually leave with an $8 bill after buying a few targets. They always listen to my noobie questions and don't act like a bunch of jerks like the American Classic Marksman on spalding drive in Norcross that I've been to.

Mostly Bull's Eye at lunch time during the week. When I worked in Norcross, ACM had a lunchtime special for ~$8. ACM also has a lady's night once a week where the lanes are free to use for the ladies. I think that's pretty cool.

SCC
05-14-2008, 19:04
ed's gun on hwy 5 it is now ( nick's guns )

TenMillimeter
05-15-2008, 06:43
I drive either an hour north to outdoor ranges at Chestnut Mtn. WMA near Resaca or an hour south to Advanced Bullets in Temple.

I've yet to go to an indoor range in metro ATL that has anywhere close to decent ventilation, and I hate those nasty sweet lead flavored lugies in my sinuses the rest of the day.

Plus, I like popping 2x10 blocks at 100 yds with the G23 :supergrin: And, the redneck mercenaries are always good for the entertainment factor.

thooks
05-15-2008, 07:05
I've yet to go to an indoor range in metro ATL that has anywhere close to decent ventilation, and I hate those nasty sweet lead flavored lugies in my sinuses the rest of the day.

You ever been to Hot Shots in Smyrna?

And how many unjacketed bullets do you shoot on a regular basis?

TenMillimeter
05-15-2008, 07:17
Several times. Maybe they just don't turn the system on when there are only 1 or 2 people in there. Besides, the last time I was in there, I got muzzle swept twice by both the guy behind the counter, and a Cobb Co. Sheriff's deputy looking at the gun. I'll not be returning to that store again.

No unjacketed bullets. Maybe it's something besides lead, but it's sickeningly nasty.

Kegger26
05-15-2008, 11:52
Nick's guns. SCC we should shoot together sometime and help defer the cost over there. Last week I went and shot for an hour. After everything was totaled up it set me back 50 bucks.

Up until the end of last year I shot down at the Clayton County Sheriffs Dept range. However, walking small..err I mean Sheriff Victor Hill turned the range over to the Clayton County Police Dept. I guess his plan to take over the Clayton County Police Dept has failed. What a dolt. (Sorry, rant mode off).

SCC
05-15-2008, 12:53
Nick's guns. SCC we should shoot together sometime and help defer the cost over there. Last week I went and shot for an hour. After everything was totaled up it set me back 50 bucks.

Up until the end of last year I shot down at the Clayton County Sheriffs Dept range. However, walking small..err I mean Sheriff Victor Hill turned the range over to the Clayton County Police Dept. I guess his plan to take over the Clayton County Police Dept has failed. What a dolt. (Sorry, rant mode off). also try out ( creek side gun range ) it is 20.00 for all day long dam good place to shoot at and it is outdoors :wavey: and do you shoot in gssf if not now is the time there are 3 coming up http://www.gssfonline.com/schedule_etc/matchschedule.htm you can win cash and guns :wavey:

glocked_n_loade
05-16-2008, 22:58
shooters in columbus

bankerrkt
05-18-2008, 20:26
Ed's (now Nick's) on Hwy 5 for me too.

triggerman357
05-18-2008, 20:32
During the week I shoot at Master Gunman in Stone Mountain. When I really want to throw some lead downrange I head to Charlie Elliott WMA in Mansfield.

python357
05-19-2008, 09:23
I just step out my back door.

:tongueout:

Adam5
05-21-2008, 19:36
I normally shoot at Bullseye Marksman in Cumming or I go to Adairsville Shooting range if I feel like scaring clays.

StoneDog
05-24-2008, 07:34
I have been to ACM the most recently. I agree they can be less than friendly but given the other customers I have seen there lately I don't blame them. I stay as professional as possible and don't try to make small talk.

Bullseye in Lawrenceville is better and the class 3 rentals are fun. My 11 year old and I spent a little time with their FA 9mm colt carbine. :cool:

Mastergunman are good people and worth a visit next time you are
near Stone Mtn park.

For outdoor ranges I'm split between the WMA range up 985 and Advanced Bullets out I20 near Alabama. Are there any outdoor ranges closer to the Suwanee / Johns Creek area?

HushH
05-24-2008, 16:42
I shoot at Nick's as well. That is when I can find time for the range, which is rarely lately.

Ashton
05-24-2008, 16:51
Bull's Eye LLC in St Louis $18 an hour but indoor range with automated targets and well run OR Jay Henges Shooting Range - an outdoor range that is part of a MO State Conservation District - free targets and $3 an hour per generous booth - can share. That's close to work and CAN be a long lunch if my schedule permits.

SCC
05-24-2008, 20:25
St Louis ? that would be one hell of a drive:tongueout::supergrin:

TrybalRage
05-27-2008, 11:43
hmm... I've been living in Kennesaw for two months now and haven't gotten out yet. Gonna have to check out that Nick's place.

Kegger26
05-27-2008, 14:12
hmm... I've been living in Kennesaw for two months now and haven't gotten out yet. Gonna have to check out that Nick's place.

Your not missing much. I am not 100% sure on the background of it all, but Nick's is catching flack from the EPA. The range is old and pretty dirty.

I have been going to Creekside since SCC turned me on to it. I love it out there. Joe Harris is a great guy and it is hard to beat 20$ to shoot all day. Eight dollars per half hour is a bit steep for the kind of shooting I like to do. I went out to Creekside and burned though a few thousand rounds of ammo my first day out there. Good times.

Robert A.
05-27-2008, 19:06
I tend to go to shooters in Columbus when I go by myself. I went to the WMA in Richland this past sunday. I was a nice clean range.

SCC
05-29-2008, 18:37
Your not missing much. I am not 100% sure on the background of it all, but Nick's is catching flack from the EPA. The range is old and pretty dirty.

I have been going to Creekside since SCC turned me on to it. I love it out there. Joe Harris is a great guy and it is hard to beat 20$ to shoot all day. Eight dollars per half hour is a bit steep for the kind of shooting I like to do. I went out to Creekside and burned though a few thousand rounds of ammo my first day out there. Good times. and you can try ( WMA john's mtn. ) off of GA 136 WEST it is called resaca ga. 6.00 dollars a car load and it is out door's as well :wavey: you have to bring your own targets and it is a open range it is a free for all out there http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=442&txtPage=2

detroit192
05-30-2008, 19:53
Nicks is the closest and see my $$$ the most. It is dirty, esp. on Saturdays. Sunday's I can get range time with little issues. I have been meeting friends (from another forum) monthly up at the WMA at Chestnut Mt. I wish, given the price of gasoline that it was not an hour drive, but oh well. ACM is the closest to work, but I never seem to have the time to do lunch there.

Lone_Wolfe
06-10-2008, 21:58
I used to practically live at Shooters of Columbus when I lived across the river.

whiskerz
06-12-2008, 19:15
My backyard :supergrin:

StoneDog
06-13-2008, 08:57
and you can try ( WMA john's mtn. ) off of GA 136 WEST it is called resaca ga. 6.00 dollars a car load and it is out door's as well :wavey: you have to bring your own targets and it is a open range it is a free for all out there http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=442&txtPage=2

I've been to the Wilson Shoals range a few times. It is nice but don't expect to get there with a low slung vehicle s the access road is unimproved (to put it mildly). Also, it's really only set up for bench shooting, the overhang is low enough that it can be difficult to practice from a standing position. I haven't tried sitting (sans bench) or prone there and I would wager the over-the-top ranger would yell at me for trying.

Jon

griggrt
06-18-2008, 20:27
Autrey's Armory in Fayetteville, GA. Right south of Atlanta.

Visit the website for address and phone #.
http://www.autreysarmory.com/

I have bought my last 4 pistols from them. Good people.

SCC
06-21-2008, 18:08
I've been to the Wilson Shoals range a few times. It is nice but don't expect to get there with a low slung vehicle s the access road is unimproved (to put it mildly). Also, it's really only set up for bench shooting, the overhang is low enough that it can be difficult to practice from a standing position. I haven't tried sitting (sans bench) or prone there and I would wager the over-the-top ranger would yell at me for trying.

Jon there was no ranger there when we went to the range :wavey:

ki4dmh
06-21-2008, 18:10
I use Panther Top Gun Range in Ranger North Carolina most of the time since it is just a few miles from the house, but sometimes I will ride down to Blue Ridge and hit the Pinson gun range.

Jenell
06-22-2008, 09:08
Ed's/Nick's off Canton Rd. but I tend to only go on Tuesdays as it is Ladie's night. They're a bit steep in the prices IMO and their ammo sucks ass. Jams up every time. I NEVER forget to bring all my own stuff. They make enough money on all the other days of the week so I don't really feel all that bad for coming only on Tuesday's but I'd like to find an outdoor's range to practice without other shells flying in my face messing up my concentration.

brazen_atl
06-26-2008, 09:56
Creekside is nice for an outdoor range,
Also has 50 yard and 100 yard range.
Can shoot just about anything you like out there.
Good group of guys to hang out and chat with also.
http://www.creeksidefiringrange.com

For those that think Nick's is too pricy try up the road two or three miles at
pannells. Small/Short range and kind of dirty (so is Nicks) but it is $6
http://www.pannellsfirearms.com

TecRsq
07-12-2008, 08:40
Picken's County Sportsman's Club.

Great place with great folks, 100 and 300 yard ranges along with several pistol ranges that utilize steel targets.

They also have a shotgun area as well.

Jenell
07-15-2008, 15:30
Creekside is nice for an outdoor range,
Also has 50 yard and 100 yard range.
Can shoot just about anything you like out there.
Good group of guys to hang out and chat with also.
http://www.creeksidefiringrange.com

For those that think Nick's is too pricy try up the road two or three miles at
pannells. Small/Short range and kind of dirty (so is Nicks) but it is $6
http://www.pannellsfirearms.com
I went there a couple weeks ago. Pannell's is my new fav spot since I live equidistant from both. It's just cleaner and has friendlier people.

Kegger26
07-17-2008, 15:53
I will have to disagree with the people at Pannells being nicer. The girl that works there and a few of the old guys that work there are alright, but the owner is..well lets just say I don't have nice things to say about him. I will shorten it down a bit.. he can be a jerk at times.

Creekside is the place to go. I tend to make a day of it. It is nice and quiet out there (unless guns are going off :supergrin: ) Joe is a top notch fella and you can't beat 20$ to shoot all day. The better deal is to buy a membership and then you can shoot all you want.

ttate90303
07-27-2008, 21:36
Since I live near ACM I've gone there a few times. Other times it's Oakwood up near Hall County with a buddy of mine. I'll have to try Bullseye since they appear to have more reasonable prices.

Breadfan63
07-31-2008, 15:11
How often do you guys shoot at the ranges that you've mentioned. I try to make it to ACM once a week. When my membership expires, I'm thinking of joining Bullseye in Cumming.

Robert A.
08-04-2008, 18:50
I know that this wont apply to most of you but there is a new range in Phenix City.

http://eagunclub.com/

Robert

griggrt
08-04-2008, 19:52
I know that this wont apply to most of you but there is a new range in Phenix City.

Robert

Thanks man.. I will give them a try

TecRsq
08-15-2008, 18:14
P.C.S.C. a private club in Pickens.

Great folks and great amenities.

Lone_Wolfe
08-15-2008, 23:13

Robert

Now that is too cool. Makes me wish I was still there.

StoneDog
08-19-2008, 16:15
there was no ranger there when we went to the range :wavey:

Last time I was there, there certainly was some sort of armed DNR guy or ranger or cop or something in addition to the range master.

I also think there was an ATF guy milling about. I had seen him hanging around the parked cars and trucks on the phone. Can't prove it but I'm just paranoid enough to think he was calling in license plate numbers... He became real friendly when I pulled out my AK build which is perfectly legal and 922r complaint. Wanted to know what city I was from and then started talking about some sort of full auto contraption he made by sticking two .22's together. Felt like he was trying to feel me out and see if I'd done anything like that, which I haven't and wouldn't. Anyway, that's my Wilson Shoals experience.

I only make it to ACM about once a month, usually during my lunch hour. I visit Mastergunman in Stone Mountain even less frequently. Those are some good guys and I wish I lived close enough to give them more business.

Jon

chesterdawg
08-26-2008, 10:22
I shoot here:
http://www.firinglane.com/

right next to where I buy my gun(s):
http://www.franklinsofathens.com/main.html

Good/knowlegeable people at both places. Not "gun snobs" and great with all my newbee ?'s

I bought a one year membership at the firing lane for $250 which includes a locker. Add $50/yr for spouse.

Steve

glockophilic
08-26-2008, 10:34
http://www.freedomarmory.com/

because they are customer friendly. Every time.

StoneDog
08-26-2008, 10:36
http://www.freedomarmory.com/

because they are customer friendly. Every time.

That's a bit of a drive from down here in Georgia. Cool video of the bullet hitting the target though.

Roadkill_751
08-26-2008, 18:30
P.C.S.C. a private club in Pickens.

Great folks and great amenities.

How much does it cost to join?

I also shoot at Rich Mountain Traders in East Ellijay.

Thanks..

Local150
08-29-2008, 19:49
There are two in my city, Augusta. One is Shooters, which is an indoor range. Twenty five yards is the full length, $200 gets you a full year membership. You do not have any range fees after paying that, or just $10 a visit. It is decent, the people there are nice and friendly.

The other one is the Pinetucky Gun Club, I got the impression by calling them and looking at their website that it is for the more "elite" clientele. They have trap shooting, skeet shooting, outside pistol, and rifle.

$200 dollar initiation and $200 dollar a year dues. You still have to pay to shoot at $5 dollars a pop. Why I am thinking it is more for high society....

triggerman357
08-30-2008, 21:37
I got together with 4 other Georgia Carry members and got the $100 annual group rate at Georgia Range and Guns in Forest Park. It's a clean place to shoot $100 for unlimited pistol range time is a bargin.

SCC
09-01-2008, 12:25

Joni was up there one time doing a job and i found that range the guy there was real nice guy all you have to do is ask and the over hang is low but there is a spot that you can stand and shoot as long as your behind the the line it is up to you how you shoot !!!!!! and it was a nice place for free

RANGER 66
09-03-2008, 06:46
Has anyone tried the range off of Camp Creek Parkway?(south Atlanta) I think it is called Wolf Creek.

RLTW

Jenell
09-16-2008, 03:30
Hmm Camp Creek pkwy? No thanks. I'll stay north or go way south. But in the city. Ick.

RANGER 66
09-16-2008, 05:55
Hmm Camp Creek pkwy? No thanks. I'll stay north or go way south. But in the city. Ick.

What's wrong with the City? (LOL)

Jenell
09-16-2008, 11:59
Makes me shiver. j/k Too many cars and traffic already sucks in suberbia... Especially that area down there though. Ex used to work at East Point PD. Used to be one of his zones. No thank you.

ATL Peach Girl
10-01-2008, 08:36
You ever been to Hot Shots in Smyrna?

And how many unjacketed bullets do you shoot on a regular basis?That's the one I go to thooks...........

It is just down the road from where I live here in Austell. I have been to a few ranges here in the ATL, and they are by far the cleanest place so far. The guys are helpful to this girl too.....:supergrin:

ATL Peach Girl
10-01-2008, 08:38

Come shoot at HotShots (I think they have changed names now---can't recall their name) but they are on the corner of Austell Rd and Windy Hill. Cleanest range I have been to and they are very helpful to the female shooters.

Jenell
10-01-2008, 13:20
Come shoot at HotShots (I think they have changed names now---can't recall their name) but they are on the corner of Austell Rd and Windy Hill. Cleanest range I have been to and they are very helpful to the female shooters.
I know where hotshots is. Haven't been in forever. It's not far from work but I've got two right near where I live so I frequent them more often. If I'm going to be near work shooting then yea I'll just go to our range around the corner...

mikey357
10-12-2008, 00:26
Most of the time, I just wander out in the "Back Yard"...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/mikey357/Mvc-001s.jpg

...when that won't work, I usually go over to "Autrey's Armory" in Fayetteville...nice range, good guys to deal with.

I just shot an Indoor Glock Match at "Bullseye Marksman" in Cumming, and was IMPRESSED...nice, clean Range, good people...IF I lived "Up North", I would seriously consider shooting there regularly!...FWIW....mikey357

cbm19489
10-14-2008, 12:18
The other one is the Pinetucky Gun Club, I got the impression by calling them and looking at their website that it is for the more "elite" clienteleI use Pinetucky quite often and am not a member, I just pay the going rate for the use of the facilities that day, whether it be a shotgun sport or rifle or pistol. Yes you will see some high $ guns as well as off the rack Remington, Rugers etc. Skeet, Trap, 5 stand, sporting clays, rifle (up to 100yds), pistol(up to 50 yds) in all one of the most complete ranges I have shot on. Give a visit some time and see what is offered and I think you will be pleased.

Clint

Tazisland
10-25-2008, 15:15
I went there a couple weeks ago. Pannell's is my new fav spot since I live equidistant from both. It's just cleaner and has friendlier people.

+1 on Pannell's. I bought a yearly membership and saved a boat load of cash over the hourly rates most indoor ranges charge. Only downside is that they aren't open on Sunday.

Juvenile P.O.
10-26-2008, 07:27
Come shoot at HotShots (I think they have changed names now---can't recall their name)

I shoot there also.....they are called Wild West Traders....I think

Merlin390
10-27-2008, 22:44
I'm shooting at Eagle Gun Range in Macon. I got the family membership 3 shooters $300 for a year. Good people, building has good ventilation, good selection on the racks and they are happy to do transfers. Just wish he had more reloading stuff...

uh1
10-28-2008, 18:38
Do they have a range around Douglasville area?

Juvenile P.O.
10-29-2008, 19:12
there use to be a range in Douglasville, but I think it is closed now. Wild West Traders is probably the closest since it is on 2445 Austell Road, Marietta....www.wwtguns.com

HK_Rebel
11-18-2008, 20:37
Usally go to a friend's property. The week before last and last Friday I was at Nick's in Marietta. Pretty nice place.

Hound_dogs_01
12-07-2008, 19:40
I practically live at Advanced Bullets in Temple... Usually there atleast 3 times a week... Great people...

Alex

brazen_atl
12-11-2008, 08:58
Next time you are at Nick's go find where the bathrooms are.
Talk about an uncomfortable place to be.

There is a hallway behind the receiving end of the range, and that is where you most go, just the weirdest feeling being down range. :wow:

elloco07
12-22-2008, 23:18
Hi all
I been to nicks to try out the glock 23 before buying it. The staff is not friendly at all, I was waiting atleast 10 mins to take a look at some guns, no one would acknloedge me until I asked someone for help. I also been to pannellis right after i bought my glock to go shoot it with the wife. The guy who helped us was friendlier than any of the guys at Nicks. I thought he was going to be rude and my wife wouldnt like it but he was very nice. By reading some of the posts here it looks like most gun shops have unfriendly reps, not sure why that is.

Anyway pannellis also has Ladies nights on thursdays which they dont pay to shoot and the guy told me for $2 more I can join her. That is not a bad deal, so after the new year we will be going there on thursdays. It is kind of small compared to nicks.

DOC44
01-03-2009, 23:34
Where are the South GA shooter???, KenD, Eagle Loader, Stumpy, Two gun Rick, Hell on Wheels and the rest of the South Georgia Mophia paper punchers?

Doc44

Sir Glockster
01-15-2009, 09:29
I shoot there also.....they are called Wild West Traders....I think

Ditto and yes they are called Wild West Traders now.

RamblinWreck
01-16-2009, 11:24
Long-time River Bend Gun Club member here. I live 14 miles from the range and shoot there a lot; mostly highpower rifle comp, but I do also shoot a lot of pistol for fun. Got a new G20 coming this weekend to try out - if I can find some cases to load up for the dang thing...

mgar71
01-16-2009, 19:49
Bullseye in Lawrenceville, The Firing Lane in Athens, or the Oakwood Sports Lodge in Oakwood.:cool:

ditchdoc24
01-18-2009, 21:57
I shoot at my hunting club's range in a power line right of way. It's free, close to the house and I don't have to worry about some yahoos coming in and being stupid.

Glenn129
01-24-2009, 17:20
Private club in South GA (my back yard)