secret to clear photos [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : secret to clear photos

cassandra
05-02-2008, 11:35
I got a Canon 7mp camera a couple years ago and have been disappointed that the pictures are not very clear, even in bright daylight. I've set it on the largest format, extra fine, thinking I would get those ultra detailed photos like I've seen that others have taken..what's the secret? I can't believe I always have to use a tripod.

Is this where Image Stabilization helps? I don't have that feature obviously.

hwyhobo
05-02-2008, 12:09
I got a Canon 7mp camera a couple years ago and have been disappointed that the pictures are not very clear, even in bright daylight.
Can you post an example (or a URL to one) with EXIF record intact? It might help to figure out what is happening.

havensal
05-02-2008, 18:10
What camera?

I have an A630.

I keep the ISO on it's lowest setting, 100, always. This keeps the sensor noise to a minimum.

I generally use Tv and a pretty fast speed. That helps eliminate blurring from camera shake.

If I am worried about the depth of focus, I use Av and a larger F number (smaller aperture). This increases the depth of focus. This helps if the point of focus is off just a bit. P&S don't have the best auto focus. :dunno:

I hope this helps. :wavey:

JimBianchi
05-02-2008, 18:37
Fast shutter speed, steady hand, clear lens, stationary subject.

(Your camera should indicate auto focus lock with either a green light or a beep and it should be exposed correctly)

With those four things, if your photos still aren't crisp and clear, you might have a dirty sensor or a bad camera.

Where do you live? I can find you an authorized repair center in your city or I can go to

https://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=OnlineRepairBookingAct&fcategoryid=221&modelid=9449

and fill out the online repair form and they will give you all the info you need to get it fixed.

Good luck.

G26man
05-02-2008, 20:13
You say you have to use a tripod. Does that truely make yur pictures noticeably clearer? If so your problem is shutter speed related. Are you using the auto function or one of the priority modes?

Also some cameras just generally do not have good optics and will never take very clear photos (this is especially prevalent with low/mid cost high power zoom lenses), but this wouldn't be helped by a tripod.