View Full Version : IDPA match at Silver Creek Sat May 3 - Details Wanted

bimmerboy
05-02-2008, 14:36
I heard the first IDPA match at Silver Creek will be held. I'd like details:

How much?
Stage and round count?
Registration time?
Start time?
How long do we anticipate the match lasting?
What if it rains?
Are spectators welcome and offered a decent view of the action?

Thanks!

domzilla9
05-02-2008, 16:54
Thanks for your interest! Light rain on the morning of the match will not cancel but lightning will. With the weather we're experiencing the match availability will be touch and go until tomorrow morning. I will pm you my cell and you can call in the morning for an update (I included it with the email that I sent out, but have omitted it here)

Here is a copy of the email that I sent out announcing the match and I believe it answers most if not all of your questions:

SCCC's first "IDPA-Style" match will be held Saturday May 3rd (aka "Derby Day"). Please note that this is not a sanctioned IDPA match as our club is not yet affiliated with IDPA but we will be following **all IDPA rules**. If our first two unaffiliated matches go well we apply for affiliation. If you are not yet an IDPA member you will not have to be one to shoot this match but you will have to be an IDPA member to shoot our IDPA matches in the future. You will be able to purchase a membership at the club on the day of the match if you wish. Also, concealment is optional for all COFs for our first match but will be required in the future.

For those of you who have not yet shot an IDPA match: please go to http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf and familiarize yourself with IDPA scoring, equipment, procedural requirements (Cover!), etc and reply if you have any questions. All procedural errors will be penalized as described in the rule book.

Next SCCC-IDPA Match Date: Saturday, May 3rd
Schedule & Requirements:

Six Stages, requiring a minimum of 77 rounds of pistol ammunition.

Safety Officers and SO Trainees - please arrive at the Club House promptly at 9:30AM. If you plan to work the match please email me asap.

Registration for shooters opens at 9:30AM and ends at 10:00AM at the Club House. If you are not registered by 10:00AM you will not be able to shoot the match.

New shooters who have never shot practical pistols sports before should arrive promptly at the Club House 9:30AM for a new shooter orientation session with a Safety Officer. If you've shot IDPA or USPSA matches before you do not need this orientation.

Your first stop is the club house for registration or orientation. Once you've been registered you will receive a score sheet and you'll head down the hill to the pistol bays where you will find an Safety Officer and assist him or her in setting up one of the match's six stages. The Match Directors will hold a shooters meeting when all of the stages are set up and will start the match immediately afterwards. All shooters will be expected to assist in setting up the stages, resetting them and tearing them down. If everyone helps out we should have a lot of fun and be finished no later than 2:00pm.

Safety Officers: If you have a shot timer, please bring it. SCCC will provide all other materials for the match.

Match Fee = $18.00. SCCC members receive a $5.00 discount. Working Safety Officers shoot for free.

For directions and maps, please visit http://www.silvercreekcc.org

Thanks!
--
Dominic Bosco
Secretary, Silver Creek Conservation Club

domzilla9
05-02-2008, 16:55
Spectators are welcome and must wear eye and ear protection at all times while on the range. The view you get is the view you get. It's much more fun to shoot than to watch and we are very new shooter friendly.

bimmerboy
05-02-2008, 19:05
Checked the weather... the forecast is showing that the isolated T-storms will be over by start time. I'll call just in case. Thanks!

45gunner
05-02-2008, 20:39
I will be there if it does not rain.

domzilla9
05-02-2008, 20:42
I will be there if it does not rain.

John, I never thought of you as a "fair weather shooter". :faint:

45gunner
05-02-2008, 21:23
John, I never thought of you as a "fair weather shooter". :faint:

That's me.

domzilla9
05-03-2008, 22:14
Checked the weather... the forecast is showing that the isolated T-storms will be over by start time. I'll call just in case. Thanks!

28 shooters braved the mud today!

Bimmerboy,

Great job on your first match! You shot the lowest "points down" in the entire match, which is outstanding.

Myself, I had a series of mental malfunctions..... but everything worked out in the end! :phew:

http://www.silvercreekcc.org/IDPA/SCCC-IDPA-20080503.htm

45gunner
05-05-2008, 19:38

Bimmerboy,

Great job on your first match! You shot the lowest "points down" in the entire match, which is outstanding.

Myself, I had a series of mental malfunctions..... but everything worked out in the end! :phew:

I had a lot of fun and learned a lot of the finer points of IPDA.

domzilla9
05-06-2008, 19:00
45gunner

Thanks for stepping up to take the SCCC-IDPA Secretary position. Your contributions to our community's shooting sports is greatly appreciated!

:supergrin:

45gunner
05-06-2008, 21:22
45gunner

Thanks for stepping up to take the SCCC-IDPA Secretary position. Your contributions to our community's shooting sports is greatly appreciated!

:supergrin:

No problem. I will enjoy doing it.

Bren
05-07-2008, 05:32
I plan to come and shoot up there at the end of the month match. Glad to see it is going well at Silver Creek - turns out it doesn't take me any longer to get there from Frankfort than to Wilmore and there are better places to stop and eat along the way home.

I'm away for a couple of months and Frank Cook just keeps getting better. Congratulations to Frank on making Master (if congratulations are in order when you can no longer shoot "amateur" at GSSF and have to compete against Grady for guns) and to the other TDSA alumni and team members for placing 1, 2 and 3 in SSP expert.

If you are a relatively new shooter or thinking about giving it a try, getting to shoot in a small group with shooters like these makes shooting the matches a valuable learning experience. Especially since they are always willing to pass on advice and tips.

45gunner
05-07-2008, 19:30
Great IPDA match Grady! :2gun:

I heard you did well at the nationals as well.

45gunner
05-08-2008, 20:38

Bimmerboy,

Bimmerboy was blazing fast and fun to shoot with.