Arrington's and the GSSF Discount [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Arrington's and the GSSF Discount

RoyRNC
05-02-2008, 16:35
Does anyone know if the Arrington's in Charlotte honors the GSSF discount certificate? Only the Arrington's in Greensboro is listed on the certificate and web site, but I swear I think I read someone on here was able to get it at the Charlotte store.

Tailhunter
05-02-2008, 21:12
Call them and see ...

if not send it to me and I'll use it in G'boro ... with the price of gas from Charlotte to G'boro = no discount! :crying:

RoyRNC
05-03-2008, 11:01
Call them and see ...

if not send it to me and I'll use it in G'boro ... with the price of gas from Charlotte to G'boro = no discount! :crying:

I've tried but I have not gotten anyone to answer the phone. I might try and swing by the Charlotte store today and check them out. I've heard alot of good things about Arrington's.

davem
05-03-2008, 15:56
Where is the store located in Charlotte? I'm in Charlotte quite a bit and would love to check it out.

RoyRNC
05-03-2008, 16:35
Where is the store located in Charlotte? I'm in Charlotte quite a bit and would love to check it out.

The address is 800 Clanton Road, Suite S, Charlotte, NC 28217. I did not get a chance go go today but I think they are closed Saturday's anyway.

If you are driving south on I-77 you will go past downtown and Clanton road will come up in a few miles (plenty of signs). You will take the Clanton Road exit and turn right at the top of the ramp. The store will be immediately on your right. It appears to be part of an office park but from what I have seen from just driving by it looks good sized. I think they specialize in police trade ins and quotes for police departments.

Here is a link to their web site. Not much on the site but you can get thier contact info www.arringtondistributors.com

davem
05-04-2008, 10:17
Thanks Roy! :thumbsup:

CarolinaKat
05-05-2008, 17:40
I bought a 17 at the Greensboro location with the GSSF certificate a few weeks back. I called ahead and talked to Nelson. He was very helpful. I believe he must be the owner or manager. I would recommend calling and asking for him. I asked him if I could get it at the Charlotte store instead of Greensboro and he said yes, but that he would call them for me because he wasn't sure they deal with the GSSF certificates very much. Anyway, I got to talking to him on the phone about the recent Glock match in Morganton, etc. Then I asked him if he had any used 2nd generation 23's and he said sure do. Anyway to make a long story short I just decided to drive up to Greensboro (had the day off) and picked up a new 17 with the certificate and a used 23. Also I didn't have to pay the $15 shipping because they had it in stock, plus it was a blue label with 3 mags. Anyway it was a very good experience with Arrington's.

davem
05-05-2008, 18:02
What did the used 23 cost if you don't mind me asking?

CarolinaKat
05-05-2008, 18:31
$350, has Tru-Dot night sights, still bright (brighter than the 3 year old Heinies on my 19); one mag; gun has a fair amount of holster wear, but pretty obvious it was shot very little due to almost non-existence of slide peening. I have shot about 500 rounds through it and its been perfect so far. I really prefer the 2nd gen grip when compared to my 3rd gen 19. I like the 3rd gen grip on the full size but I think the compact feels better with the straight grip.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/CarolinaKat/IMG_1329.jpg

Tailhunter
05-16-2008, 17:50
I bought a 17 at the Greensboro location with the GSSF certificate a few weeks back. I called ahead and talked to Nelson. He was very helpful. I believe he must be the owner or manager. I would recommend calling and asking for him. I asked him if I could get it at the Charlotte store instead of Greensboro and he said yes, but that he would call them for me because he wasn't sure they deal with the GSSF certificates very much. Anyway, I got to talking to him on the phone about the recent Glock match in Morganton, etc. Then I asked him if he had any used 2nd generation 23's and he said sure do. Anyway to make a long story short I just decided to drive up to Greensboro (had the day off) and picked up a new 17 with the certificate and a used 23. Also I didn't have to pay the $15 shipping because they had it in stock, plus it was a blue label with 3 mags. Anyway it was a very good experience with Arrington's.

They are good people ..........