Californians for Concealed Carry Rights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Californians for Concealed Carry Rights

Yellowfin
05-03-2008, 11:37
If you have MySpace and/or Facebook, join the group Californians for Concealed Carry Rights. We need all the support possible from the people of this state, both in bringing yourselves to the forefront and bringing new people to our ranks. We need a consolidated voice and a strong PR move to narrow the gap between us and those who are unfamiliar and perhaps hostile to the firearms and pro CCW cause. We cannot win keeping to ourselves, and not winning against those who want to take from us isn't an option anymore.

JimBianchi
05-03-2008, 12:00
While I support the RTBABA to the fullest expent, in CA you have a better chance of re-electing Gray Davis than getting CCP passed

3/325
05-03-2008, 12:05
Change usually requires effort.

oldnoob
05-05-2008, 00:52
here is the link to the group if any one had problem finding it.
http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupID=107304929&categoryID=0&Mytoken=98242944-CAF3-4222-B1DD802069C2438C41082373
every bit help i guess, or at lease i hope.

Yellowfin
05-07-2008, 01:44
The idea is getting our cause out in the open and not just on gun boards like this. How many people who aren't part of the problem (i.e. us and the people we know, shoot with, etc.) have any positive interaction with us on the issue and contact with the firearms world in general? It seems like we are way outgunned (no pun intended) in the information war. They hear all the anti gun garbage they want from TV and movies and the Brady bunch. I want to fix that problem and I need your help in doing it. Our collective silence has gotten us in this awful cluster**** and that needs to stop RIGHT NOW.

M4inCA
05-12-2008, 21:44
Right, because all the people of various gun related boards who tried in such vain to stop the microstamping from passing law....

Thousands of emails, phone calls and letters from professionals ended up with the bill passing anyways.

You want to make a change? Elect people who will effect that change, not post it on myspace.

Yellowfin
05-19-2008, 22:29
Getting the people elected who will make such change will only happen when such is demanded. Getting that demand from enough people requires change by education.

Quiet
05-19-2008, 23:03
The next generation of voters are users of myspace and facebook.

Educate the next generation to enact effective change.

M4inCA
05-20-2008, 18:21
The next generation of voters are users of myspace and facebook.

Educate the next generation to enact effective change.

I've worked with the next generation of voters, I'm sure they're not smart enough to elect to think at all.

I agree that education is the key, but I disagree on the delivery method at this time.

GL either way.

RickD6023
05-20-2008, 19:16
The key to any successful campaign is the effort given to marketing your product. Our product must be marketed to the maximum extent to insure support. With the demographic changes going on, myspace and facebook are valid locations to work in. The demographic 12 - 30 will eat it up. Forget about using it to approach my demo - the 54 to whatever group. We need to read it. Those in between are more open to hearing / seeing it on television. Approach this as a multipronged blitz to sell to the population and we can gain success.

Quiet
05-20-2008, 19:53
NRA-ILA (http://www.nraila.org/ActionCenter/GrassRootsActivism.aspx?ID=52) announces it's arrival into the online world of social networking on MySpace, YouTube, and Facebook. By actively participating in these new forums, we are now able to reach out to potential members and supporters in a way we’ve never done before.

If we are going to actively reach and recruit the future leaders of the pro-gun movement, we must take full advantage of these on-line social networking resources. Our Facebook group has already gained a good deal of attention, and we hope to reach many more young people with our important message in the months and years to come. By launching our profiles on these sites, the torch has been lit for the next generation. Now it’s time to pass it off to your kids and grandkids. They’ll know what to do with it!

Quiet
05-20-2008, 19:53
posting lag

Yellowfin
05-23-2008, 01:54
So, you guys on yet? It's awfully quiet on the pages so far.