Carry permit holders banned at gunshows. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Carry permit holders banned at gunshows.

Otto Skorzeny
05-05-2008, 17:45
Can anyone explain why those with valid carry permits are forbidden from carrying at a gunshow?

I noticed this at the State Fair show a few weeks ago. Seems quite ridiculous.

jem375
05-05-2008, 20:24
I thought you check in and then can carry unloaded........ I carry in there all the time without checking in anyway.

GU-47
10-08-2008, 01:03
This most only be at certain gunshows, there doesn't seem to be any problems at the DECC shows in Duluth

jfettig
10-08-2008, 17:14
When is the last time you saw one of those signs and decided you better disarm yourself before you cross?

Butch
10-29-2008, 14:46
I expect it's a simple safety thing.....some folks aren't bright enough to leave the dang thing concealed, they pull it out to show it to someone.....yeah it's a dumb thing to do, but they still do it.

Handling a loaded gun in a crowded room just isn't safe......"I'm the only one here professional enough to handle a Glock foty".

:patriot:

RLDS45S
10-31-2008, 08:18
Solid perspective! I expect it's a simple safety thing.....some folks aren't bright enough to leave the dang thing concealed, they pull it out to show it to someone.....yeah it's a dumb thing to do, but they still do it.

Handling a loaded gun in a crowded room just isn't safe......"I'm the only one here professional enough to handle a Glock foty".

:patriot: