SC CCW info? advice? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SC CCW info? advice?

CSnakes
05-06-2008, 18:23
Looking to relocate to SC from MD (thank the Lord!).

Please direct me to any sources for CCW info. and SC gun laws.

Thank you for your help!

Chad (Another Damn Yankee from South of the Mason Dixon Line)

Sgt. Schultz
05-06-2008, 20:21
SC Law Enforcement Division web site ...

http://www.sled.sc.gov/cwp.aspx?MenuID=CWP

For additional info check out ...

http://www.scfirearms.org/

Anything specific just ask and someone will help.

CSnakes
05-07-2008, 07:49
Thanks Sarge! Just what I needed.

Take Care,

Chad

Rusty Phillips
05-29-2008, 04:43
go ahead and look into that SC CWP,

once upon a time there was a 1 year wait for new residents before they would process your application..... not sure if that residency rule still applies - looks like they will process permits if you own real property in SC but have residency elsewhere.

but also know that in SC you can have loaded handgun in closed glove box or center console of motor vehicle without permit......

if you do move here - better be ready for the "are you a carolina or clemson fan?" questions

BadAndy
05-30-2008, 12:32
if you do move here - better be ready for the "are you a carolina or clemson fan?" questions

So true :rofl:

CSnakes
05-30-2008, 12:55
Thanks for the added info...

As to the question... Is there a right answer?

BadAndy
05-30-2008, 13:24
If you move into Columbia, specifically downtown or close to it, then hopefully it's Carolina since USC is downtown. ;)

Rusty Phillips
05-30-2008, 17:45
Thanks for the added info...

As to the question... Is there a right answer?

for me - the answer depends on who is buying the tickets.... Im a Miami (Ohio) Redskin/Redhawk

I have friends on both sides of the gamecock / tiger issue.... they all are trying to influence my kids to make the right decision..... as a result my 11 yo bleeds orange and my 9 and 7 yo are both garnet & black..... my 5 yo says she likes both.

I was at Williams Brice in 2003 when the tigers beat the cocks 63 to 17..... thankfully I was with my tiger fan friend and we were in the orange section lemme tell you it was a rocking good time

almost as good a time - was at my gamecock friends house watching Carolina barely beat OSU in the Outback Bowl.....

unfortunately those games were a long time ago.

Mister Two
06-16-2008, 13:32
If you're a Gamecock fan originally from Maryland like I am, it's just another reason to hate Clemson. I now have two teams that play Clemson.