A Little Bit Of Progress [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A Little Bit Of Progress

Scarecrow28
05-06-2008, 19:42
After a while of on-and-off exercising purely out of boredom (mostly just push-ups), I've managed to make a little progress. I started benching again and head downstairs several times a day to crank out a set. This has been working well and I've been steadily increasing my max-rep. I'll keep you updated on my progress. Tomorrow's my 2nd workout of the week, so I'll probably tell you how things go.

proactive
05-07-2008, 06:25
Cool, man. Thanks for the update. Are you balancing out those presses with a rowing movement?

Scarecrow28
05-07-2008, 15:28
Not yet. Right now I'm just trying to build a bit of strength and then I'm going to branch out. I've basically been running up and down 3-5 times a day and doing benching sets.

California Jack
05-07-2008, 21:18
Thanks for the update and congrats. That's a good plan, kinda GTG-like. You might want to lisen to proactive and do some rows. Don't want any mucle imbalances.

Run down stairs and do a set of benches. Set the bar on the floor and do a set of bent-over rows with the same weight. Go back upstairs. Won't take but a minute longer and could save you a big setback.

Scarecrow28
05-08-2008, 14:36
Thanks for the update and congrats. That's a good plan, kinda GTG-like. You might want to lisen to proactive and do some rows. Don't want any mucle imbalances.

Run down stairs and do a set of benches. Set the bar on the floor and do a set of bent-over rows with the same weight. Go back upstairs. Won't take but a minute longer and could save you a big setback.

Alright, I'll try it tomorrow during my workout. Thanks for the tip!

California Jack
05-08-2008, 21:46
If you are going to row and bench three to five times daily,do not go near failure.