New Nikon [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Nikon

Usingmyrights
05-06-2008, 21:44
Anyone have any feedback on the Nikon Coolpix P80? Looks to be what I'm wanting in a digital. The zoom I want, a littler more MPs then what I had to have, and it seems to be a decent price.

*ASH*
05-17-2008, 01:45
i will let you know , i ordered on today thru dell.com, bestbuy has it for $399 i went instore but they would not price match grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr so i ordered online thru dell. it is backordered but they said shipment in a week coming in and i can wait . dell has it for $ 339 at the moment with free shipping . i told bestbuy ok well you do not want my money then i will get elsewhere lol.

Usingmyrights
05-18-2008, 09:01
I'd have to find the site again, but one had it for Around $320 +/- a couple dollars with a bi-pod. I'm sure its a cheap one, but it was an extra that they were throwing in. I read one review that said it didn't take good pictures, but I don't see how with 10MPs unless the lens is just that bad.

blueiron
05-26-2008, 22:31
Megapixels aren't everything. Like a car with a lot of horsepower, it may look great, but tires, suspension, handling, steering, weight distribution, etc. all go to make a great car or a so-so car. Then there is the driver's talent or lack there of. Cramming too many MP on the CMOS sensor doesn't guarantee great photos.

I love Nikon and it is all I'll ever own, but if you want a PNS, go to Canon. Some people aren't fans, but Ken Rockwell's choices are pretty dead on. Here is a link: www.kenrockwell.com/tech/recommended-cameras.htm

Z95P
05-26-2008, 22:34
Yeah P80 is a great camera !!! Lots of zoom and quality for the price but you can get a better deal online.. I sold 3 nikon p80's at work today :)

Usingmyrights
05-27-2008, 12:42
Megapixels aren't everything. Like a car with a lot of horsepower, it may look great, but tires, suspension, handling, steering, weight distribution, etc. all go to make a great car or a so-so car. Then there is the driver's talent or lack there of. Cramming too many MP on the CMOS sensor doesn't guarantee great photos.

I love Nikon and it is all I'll ever own, but if you want a PNS, go to Canon. Some people aren't fans, but Ken Rockwell's choices are pretty dead on. Here is a link: www.kenrockwell.com/tech/recommended-cameras.htm

That website didn't even seem to mention the type of camera I was looking at. It addressed pocket cameras and DSLR. Not PNS cameras. Its not the 10MPs that I'm after. Its the zoom. I've only seen a couple camera 18x or better. I do have a minumum #MPs that I want, but 10 is all the better. Is there a problem with the P80 that you're aware of? Not looking to impress people with my photos or win any awards, just looking for a camera that will produce good pictures, as long as I do my part.