Nordstrom Rack [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nordstrom Rack

Mrs. VR
05-08-2008, 19:20
Do you think the "original" prices on the tags at places like Nordstrom Rack are for real, or do they inflate them? I can't believe someone would pay the original prices on some of the stuff I've seen there, but I guess it takes all kinds.

Would it be some kind of legal or ethical issue for them to inflate the prices?

Zonny
05-08-2008, 19:35
Hmmmm never considered that they would do that.

I really like the store and LOVE to go there for shoes. :hearts:

pesticidal
05-08-2008, 19:39
Drat. Thought I was going to see the rack of a gal named Nordstrom....

Mrs. VR
05-08-2008, 20:15
you wish :rofl: :tease:

I got a three quarter length sleeve top there the other day, I THINK it's cotton,(maybe it's really spun gold?) and the original price on it was $138. WHO THE BLANKETY BLANK BLANK would pay that???? :faint:

pesticidal
05-08-2008, 20:51

I got a three quarter length sleeve top there the other day, I THINK it's cotton,(maybe it's really spun gold?) and the original price on it was $138. WHO THE BLANKETY BLANK BLANK would pay that???? :faint:

If it only 3/4 length, it should have been $103.50

Dinky
05-09-2008, 09:28
Drat. Thought I was going to see the rack of a gal named Nordstrom....

Next time I see Mrs. Nordstrom I will tell her you think she has a nice rack:supergrin:

Zonny
05-09-2008, 09:44
Next time I see Mrs. Nordstrom I will tell her you think she has a nice rack:supergrin:

She can well afford a nice rack with what she charges in her stores. :supergrin: :wavey:

Dinky
05-09-2008, 10:13
She can well afford a nice rack with what she charges in her stores. :supergrin: :wavey:

:rofl:

who_dat
05-09-2008, 10:21
If they use the term "original" or MSRP, they must be able to prove that it was sold at that price within some time period close to the time it was advertised as "original" or produce a manufacturer's price list showing MSRP.

If they use the term "compare at", it's caveat emptor.

This is/was the law in Michigan some time ago (Don't ask me how, but I do know), and I don't remember this is FTC regulated or state regulated, but it's a guideline for you to start an exploration.

kcb
05-09-2008, 14:49
I don't know but I have wondered the same thing in high priced shops around here.

When the Millenium Mall opened here, my girlfriends and I went there and were ABSOLUTELY amazed at the prices in some of the shops there. $800.00
for a pull over top. I had one similar, but probably didn't pay $20.00 f or it!

:shocked: THEN, they didn't even have plastic over it to protect it. :faint:

At LEAST if the prices are that high, NO ONE else should be able to touch it but a serious potential buyer!

kcb
05-09-2008, 14:56

Maybe they are that price BRIEFLY! I don't know. I use to work with a lady at the hospital, she was a nurse and her husband was a Judge.

We had to go to a seminar out of town; We went shopping every evening, and she showed me the "Art of shopping" at places like Nordstroms and getting real bargains.

I bought a beautiful cashmere sweater that was very pricey, for a great bargain. I still have it; I was very young when we went on that trip and the sweater is still in mint condition! I know I bought more, but that is the one thing that I have kept all of these years. It is a timeless style, and I can still wear it. It's elegant.

It was worth the find!

Mrs. VR
05-10-2008, 09:17
If they use the term "original" or MSRP, they must be able to prove that it was sold at that price within some time period close to the time it was advertised as "original" or produce a manufacturer's price list showing MSRP.

If they use the term "compare at", it's caveat emptor.

This is/was the law in Michigan some time ago (Don't ask me how, but I do know), and I don't remember this is FTC regulated or state regulated, but it's a guideline for you to start an exploration.This is what I was wondering. Very very interesting.

And Karen, I agree, finding a few really good pieces that you can wear for a long time is soooooooooo worth it.

Two-Gun Mary
05-10-2008, 15:23
Haven't bought much at Nordstrom's lately except shoes (on sale at a reasonable price).

I think their buyers sometimes get distorted view of what "stylish" really looks like. Last time my honey & I were in Nordstrom's, we looked around at the offerings in women's clothing and said, "Are they serious?" Some of the stuff would look odd on the reject rack at Famous-Barr.

But they do have SOME nice stuff if you're willing to pay the price.

Cody Jarrett
05-10-2008, 16:06
Mrs. Jarrett here. I love that store but find some of the ugliest "chic" styles there. I guess for some girls the more expensive an item is the more some girls want it. The prices are crazy on some things but sometimes I just can't resist. Cody flipped out once when I bought a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes. I never told him the real price. Poor guy almost had a heart attack. I suggested he buy that new 1911 he was eyeballing and he quieted right down.