Cell phones with a "real" digital camera? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cell phones with a "real" digital camera?

ohioglockster
05-08-2008, 19:43
Howdy all,

I know it's not exactly computer related but it's close. I've been shopping for a new sprint cell phone. It seems that all camera phones are about 1.3Mp. This has left any pictures I want to take look terrible. So what I'm looking for is a cell phone that has a serious digital camera built in. like 5-7 Mp.

Does such a thing exist?

Sgt. Schultz
05-08-2008, 20:39
The Samsung SCH-B600 cell phone has a 10 megapixel camera.

scuba
05-08-2008, 22:15
Sony cybershot phones take great pictures. Though i don't think they are cdma (sprint), i think only gsm, you'll have to check. As far as price....the sky's the limit.

I personally like the K790a, around a 3mp camera, autofocus, zoom, redeye reduction, etc. More camera than phone. Actually been thinking about getting an unlocked quad-band version. There around $250.00 new, but you can get them cheaper used off of amazon or ebay.

Of course if you have deep pockets, go ahead and pick up a Nokia N95, one of the best phones out there....$500.00 give or take.

Go to flckr and check there "camera finder" which also lists most camera phones (but not all). Click on the one you like, for example "iphone" which is a easy find on flckr and you'll see the quality of pictures the phone takes.

Sprint makes it very difficult to swap phones since they don't do the sim card thing. Great service though.

Hope i helped,
Scuba