KPDL Pistol and Rifle match this weekend [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : KPDL Pistol and Rifle match this weekend

45gunner
05-08-2008, 20:43
KPDL is sponsoring a Pistol and Rifle match this weekend

:50cal:

The pistol match is our normal match but this weekend we are also having a 50 round tactical rifle match.

The rifle match start a 9:00 at the lower range past the pole barns.

Bren
05-09-2008, 04:04
I wouldn't mind going to a match there, but it never seems to be clear what type of match it is or what the rules are. If you say IDPA/USPSA/High Power Rifle, Bullseye, etc., then I know what to bring and where to find the rules, but whenever I see KPDL it's always just "practical" or "tactical" or something. Is there a place to find out about the type of match and rules?

domzilla9
05-09-2008, 05:39
Hey Bren, just watch a couple of old episodes of The Dukes of Hazard to get a feel for the action and you'll be fine.

45gunner
05-09-2008, 05:41
I wouldn't mind going to a match there, but it never seems to be clear what type of match it is or what the rules are. If you say IDPA/USPSA/High Power Rifle, Bullseye, etc., then I know what to bring and where to find the rules, but whenever I see KPDL it's always just "practical" or "tactical" or something. Is there a place to find out about the type of match and rules?

There is not a published rule book since the club creates the rules. A target is neutralized when a total of 7 points is scored on the target. Large calibers, > .40 are given bigger weighting.

It is closest to IDPA is that it stresses the use of a carry type gun. That is often enforced implictly by breaking stages up into multiple position where each position requires about 6 shot with a mag change. So no guns except open guns with a red dot sight are specifically banned. So you can shoot with any gun you want but a high capacity or a race run does not give you an advantage.

At the last match a revolver shooter came in second place. People have won the matches with a .45 acp SS and S&W Semi Auto carry pistols.

The rifle match will be about 50 rounds and will be an IPSC like stages with many targets around corners and some long range shots. Bring an ar15 a 9mm carbine or any other type of high capacity rifle.

45gunner
05-15-2008, 19:02
There is not a published rule book since the club creates the rules. A target is neutralized when a total of 7 points is scored on the target. Large calibers, > .40 are given bigger weighting.

It is closest to IDPA is that it stresses the use of a carry type gun. That is often enforced implictly by breaking stages up into multiple position where each position requires about 6 shot with a mag change. So no guns except open guns with a red dot sight are specifically banned. So you can shoot with any gun you want but a high capacity or a race run does not give you an advantage.

At the last match a revolver shooter came in second place. People have won the matches with a .45 acp SS and S&W Semi Auto carry pistols.

The rifle match will be about 50 rounds and will be an IPSC like stages with many targets around corners and some long range shots. Bring an ar15 a 9mm carbine or any other type of high capacity rifle.

We had a really good rifle match with 11 steel and 16 paper target with barricades. The steel was shot Virginia count and the paper target had to be neutralized with 1 shot to the A zone and 1 other hit anywhere on the targets.:supergrin:

Many shot the stages twice.

heavyfire7537
07-09-2008, 17:40
That is pretty funny!! :rofl:

Something else I read today made me laugh. Your blogcryingspot.com

domzilla9
07-09-2008, 18:37
I'm here all week folks. I live to make people laugh.