What gun stuff's are okay to bring in the country? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What gun stuff's are okay to bring in the country?

Longbow
05-09-2008, 21:45
I'm going to visit Manila in a few weeks. My uncle wants some parts for his 1911 Norc. I'm sure barrel, slide and frame is a no, no, but what about other things...holster, tritium sights, hammer....?
I know there was a thread about this some years back, but I couldn't find it now.
Salamat kabayan!

Longbow
05-11-2008, 00:28
Okay, I guess the answer is none?
Thanks anyway!

saki1611
05-11-2008, 00:49
Okay, I guess the answer is none?
Thanks anyway!

it's sunday here most of the times during sundays few members post or visit the forum. we could suggest some but it's risky, the very least thing that could happen is you pay overcharge taxes and/or confiscate the parts.

Longbow
05-11-2008, 01:06
I'm limiting it to holster and grips now, as those aren't actually gun parts, but then, I'm not really sure how they define gun parts.
I think I'll just not bring any gun stuff's. Maybe just gun rags and gun shirts na lang.
Thanks!

saki1611
05-11-2008, 02:16
holster and grips would be fine. internal parts are ok, just remove it from its original packaging and place it inside your check-in luggage. tell your uncle he doesn't need to change the barrel of a 1911 norcs, it's among the sought-after parts in norc including the frames. change the internal parts and a good fitting by a good gunsmith, it can beat top of the line 1911's.

isuzu
05-11-2008, 09:25
Para less ang hassle, just bring the money and buy stuff back in the Philippines. I'm sure, the BOGs back home are more than willing to help you where to find parts for your uncle's 1911.

Longbow
05-11-2008, 10:11
Para less ang hassle, just bring the money and buy stuff back in the Philippines. I'm sure, the BOGs back home are more than willing to help you where to find parts for your uncle's 1911.

Yup, yun ang the best solution.
Thanks!

9MX
05-11-2008, 10:15
Yup, yun ang the best solution.
Thanks!

Check out the following:

WSC, the operations manager is a BOG, Deenoh

or Magnus Shooting Sports at Ortigas Home Depot (behind Metro Walk)

The store carries Limcat Products, has a wide array of Ed Brown and STI parts.

Longbow
05-11-2008, 12:52
I'll make sure to visit those places.
My uncle just want a taller, more visible sights, but I got some parts laying around, I thought I'll just give those to him. I'll just start another gun build when I come back, then. :)

Thanks everyone!

kcboy
05-12-2008, 15:51
saki is right, internal parts i think wont be a problem as long as you take themout of their original package...just place them in your check in luggage. shouldnt be a problem.

pipit
05-12-2008, 17:56
Apologies if this is threadjacking, but, what about riflescopes?

9MX
05-12-2008, 19:37

bawal din as per US State Dept

isuzu
05-13-2008, 19:14
I'll make sure to visit those places.
My uncle just want a taller, more visible sights, but I got some parts laying around, I thought I'll just give those to him. I'll just start another gun build when I come back, then. :)

Thanks everyone!

Here are the parts that I would recommend for your uncle's (I presume, stock) Norinco:

1. Spring pack
2. Combat Trigger
3. Hammer and Sear
4. Disconnector
5. Barrel Link
6. Barrel Bushing (a good, drop-in bushing should be fine)
7. Extended Safety (for carry use)
8. Drop-In Beavertail safety (Wilson Combat - to minimize fitting costs)
9. Good, Hi Visibility Combat Sights

Have a competent gunsmith do a reliability work (including throating, timing check, and barrel fitting).

Hope this helps (once you get started on a 1911, there's no end in sight!:supergrin:).

Longbow
05-28-2008, 05:21
UPDATE:
His Norc happened to be semi-custom. It just need a magwell and a pair of sights. Not sure if this is the way Norcs comes here. The ones I saw in the States are all Milspec. I just bought him a pair of Novak Mags per his request.
His gun is reliable and accurate. There's really no need for any other parts.

I also managed to shoot a match while I'm here. It would've been a good match, but I fell victim to gun probs, caused by locally made reloaded ammo (bought from the range). The SVI I borrowed just won't take it. Next time I'll try to buy a better made ammo and maybe test fire some before a match.

Thanks again for everyones help!
Mabuhay!

vega
05-28-2008, 14:22
Hope this helps.
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1666.shtm

Check with Philippine regulation.

vega
05-28-2008, 14:25

bawal din as per US State Dept

Ang bawal yung may night vision.

vega
05-28-2008, 15:43
Ang bawal yung may night vision.

ETA - I may be wrong on this (night vision), check with your local TSA.

pipit
06-25-2008, 17:40
Rather than opening a new thread, I thought to ask this here instead. Are these sights allowed in balikbayan boxes?

1. tritium night sights
2. fiber optic sights

TIA

Wp.22
06-25-2008, 20:19
night vision goggles, when we were playing airsoft during night time some players rich players have US army issued night vision goggles.