Upcoming IDPA Match May 31st at SCCC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming IDPA Match May 31st at SCCC

domzilla9
05-12-2008, 21:49
SCCC has scheduled its IDPA matches on the 1st Saturday of the month throughout the remainder of 2008. However, the USPSA Indiana Sectional Match will will be held at SCCC during the first weekend of June. SCCC-IDPA has received the BOD's approval to move the June match up a week to Saturday May 31st. This is a temporary schedule change only. All future IDPA matches will be shot on the first Saturday of each month.

This will probably be SCCC's last unaffiliated IDPA match, as we plan to apply to affiliation on June 1. If you are not yet an IDPA member you will not have to be one to shoot this match but you will have to be an IDPA member to shoot our IDPA matches after we're officially an IDPA club. You will be able to purchase a membership at the club on the day of any IDPA match if you wish.

Also, concealment is now *required* on most COFs at SCCC.

For those of you who have not yet shot an IDPA match: please go to http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf and familiarize yourself with IDPA scoring, equipment, procedural requirements (Cover!), etc and reply if you have any questions.

Next SCCC-IDPA Match Date: Saturday, May 31st

Schedule & Requirements:

**Seven Stages**, minimum round count = 84

Four Working Safety Officer Slots are available for this match
(Three available as of 5/12)
If you want to work the match as an SO and shoot for free please email me asap and I will fill the slots on a first come, first serve basis. If we receive more than four name we'll keep an alternate list in case someone doesn't show or if we receive more shooters than expected.

New Shooters and Working Safety Officers please arrive at the Club House promptly at 9:30AM. If you are a certified SO and plan to work the match please email me asap.

John Whitt is now the SCCC IDPA Club Secretary

Registration for shooters opens at 9:30AM and ends at 10:00AM at the Club House. If you are not registered by 10:00AM you will not be able to shoot the match.

New shooters who have never shot practical pistols sports before should arrive promptly at the Club House 9:30AM for a new shooter orientation session with a Safety Officer. If you've shot IDPA or USPSA matches before you do not need this orientation.

Your first stop is the club house for registration or orientation. Once you've been registered you will receive a score sheet and you'll head down the hill to Lee's Magnificent Awning, where you will squad up wit a Safety Officer and assist him or her in setting up one of the match's stages. The Match Director will and Safety Officers will then do a walk through and when all of the stages are set up. All shooters are expected to assist in setting up the stages, resetting them and tearing them down. If everyone helps out we should have a lot of fun and be finished no later than 2:00pm.

Safety Officers: If you have a shot timer, please bring it. We're working on getting dedicated timers for each stage. SCCC will provide all other materials for the match.

Match Fee = $18.00. SCCC members receive a $5.00 discount. Working Safety Officers shoot for free.

For directions and maps, please visit http://www.silvercreekcc.org

If you have questions or would like to be added to our email announcement list, please send an email to events@silvercreekcc.org

domzilla9
05-12-2008, 21:53
Here is a pdf with seven COFs that are the top candidates for the May 31st match. I designed three of them; Castle Doctrine 1, Deadwood 1 and Tres Banditos 1. Castle Doctrine is a little iffy and it's entirely possible that it will be substitued with something else. :embarassed:

bimmerboy
05-13-2008, 19:41
I'll be there! Trying to decide if I should shoot my Glock or SIG? I'm leaning more toward SIG, it has night sights where the Glock does not.

45gunner
05-13-2008, 19:57
I'll be there! Trying to decide if I should shoot my Glock or SIG? I'm leaning more toward SIG, it has night sights where the Glock does not.

Can't wait till the match. I'll be shooting my trusty Glock. :cool:

bimmerboy
05-13-2008, 20:00
Hmmm... I thought there was going to be a low light stage?

Bren
05-13-2008, 20:42
Amber and I are going to come, and probably some more people from BGSL.

domzilla9
05-13-2008, 21:28
Hmmm... I thought there was going to be a low light stage?

We did promise that but decided to wait until we could do it right. So we're going to save it for Aug/Sept. Once the June USPSA Indiana Championship wraps up we'll be moving some props around. I'd like to build a low light / no light house on the west side

BB, your Sig has the nicest trigger I've ever felt on a sig. I haven't shot sigs that much but I've always been interested in them. And that elite beavertail looks and feels a lot better in the hand than in the photos for some reason.

domzilla9
05-13-2008, 21:32
Amber and I are going to come, and probably some more people from BGSL.

That's great! Looking forward to shooting with you Bren!

Bren
05-25-2008, 08:59
Just to bump this up to the top. We are looking forward to trying Silver Creek, since BGSL members may be needing a permanent new place to shoot anyhow.

Who knows, I may start coming up there for some IPSC/ICORE/steel matches.

domzilla9
05-27-2008, 13:11
Thanks for the bump. Sadly, I didn't get to shoot our Steel or ICORE matches this past weekend (scores posted, btw). But we did get work done in preparation for the upcoming USPSA match at Silver Creek and we've built new props and barricades for the IDPA matches. I am really looking forward Saturday's IDPA match and I am doing my anti-rain dance.

domzilla9
05-28-2008, 06:43
Bren buddy your GT mailbox is full

bimmerboy
05-30-2008, 15:04
What are you guys using for concealment? My holster doesn't conceal very well, it pretty much sticks out but I'm figuring no one will care as long as something is over it right?

domzilla9
05-30-2008, 18:00
What are you guys using for concealment? My holster doesn't conceal very well, it pretty much sticks out but I'm figuring no one will care as long as something is over it right?

Right. Don't worry about printing. The concealment guidelines are posted in the IDPA Rulebook online at http://www.idpa.org. The SCCC IDPA Club is not yet affiliated and still has its training wheels on so just make a bonafide effort and you'll be fine.

I'm running a G34 in a Comp-Tac IWB holster with long untucked tshirt. My every day carry.

Bren
05-31-2008, 04:44
Weather.com says the rain should end between 9 and 10 this morning, so that match may be a little damp, but not too bad.

domzilla9
05-31-2008, 04:50
We shall overcome!

bimmerboy
05-31-2008, 20:08
Did anyone crunch the scores yet?

bimmerboy
05-31-2008, 20:26
Based on my performance today I may give up on the DA/SA of my SIG and just stick to my G34.

45gunner
05-31-2008, 21:33
Really enjoyed the match and all the people on my squad.

Thanks for a very enjoyable match Dom.

45gunner
05-31-2008, 21:35
Just to bump this up to the top. We are looking forward to trying Silver Creek, since BGSL members may be needing a permanent new place to shoot anyhow.

Who knows, I may start coming up there for some IPSC/ICORE/steel matches.

Good shooting with you Bren!

domzilla9
06-01-2008, 06:28
Ok, I'm awake and caffeinated. Had to much home brew at my mom's retirement party last night. BB, if you want to help me do the scores call me and I'll meet you out somewhere for coffee and I will bring the laptop.

Bren
06-01-2008, 06:43
Based on my performance today I may give up on the DA/SA of my SIG and just stick to my G34.

I've often said there's a reason Sig and Beretta can't find people to win major matches with their guns - cause with similar shooting ability, those guns just can't win. Stick with the Glock, M&P, 1911, or any gun that gives you the same trigger pull on every shot and your scores will go up.

bimmerboy
06-01-2008, 10:43
Dom,
Next time we should split up the sheets after the match and just copy/paste the Excel sheets later. Love to do coffee but was already into my day when when I read that.

45gunner
06-01-2008, 11:17
Ok, I'm awake and caffeinated. Had to much home brew at my mom's retirement party last night. BB, if you want to help me do the scores call me and I'll meet you out somewhere for coffee and I will bring the laptop.

I can do that sometime after 6:00 pm tonight.

domzilla9
06-01-2008, 22:27
You'll find the scores on the Silver Creek Website at http://www.silvercreekcc.org. Click on "Match Results" at the top of the left nav and then find the match name you want. Refresh or reload your page if you don't see the match you're looking for.

Sorry that took so long but I decided to upgrade us from the simple spreadsheet report to the full monty: "ForScore" by Beach Bunny Software. I really like the detail of reporting that it provides. Our evaluation copy is good through mid July so we'll use it for the July 5th match then determine if our club wants to buy it.

Jeff Brown (the Indiana Area Coordinator) gave me a jump drive full of COFs and a lot of good pointers on stage design. He did the target placement for Stage 3, "Condition Orangesickle", which I liked quite a bit.

The application form and check for IDPA club affiliation is going in the mail tomorrow. Any and all feedback on the match and it's particular stages. So far I am hearing that people liked "Counter Defense" and did not like "Moving Standards". Target placement (distance) was way over the top on Moving Standards. We shall aim to improve.

domzilla9
06-01-2008, 23:19
gg 45gunna!

http://www.silvercreekcc.org/IDPA/IDPA200805/2008-05-31overall.htm

:milestone:

Clyde
06-02-2008, 12:51
Nice Job 45G :perfect10:

bimmerboy
06-02-2008, 15:21
Nice work gunner! I've never seen you shoot a Glock before, gonna have to squad up with you next time. Bring the Glock tomorrow at Blue Grass!

FYI... I loved Moving standards. The 3rd target was indeed too far, but the first 2 was like shooting darting doves in sporting clays. You had to hit the first target and have enough time for the second before it got behind view of the first. The 3rd target was more of a hail mary deal imo. Counter defense was pretty cool too.

And I didn't do as bad as I thought. Must have been Moving
Standards that helped me out my overall score so much.

45gunner
06-02-2008, 16:40
Thanks guys.

I walked so slowly on that stage that the SO got on me.
The extras hits didn't hurt either.

Well after shooting the G35 in this match I'm debatting on wether my STI should go in the closet for the Indian state match. I don't have the right holster and not enough mag pouches for L10 for the G35.

45gunner
06-02-2008, 16:47
Nice Job 45G :perfect10:

Thanks.

Someone told me you were going to be at the match but I didn't see you.

45gunner
06-02-2008, 18:06
Nice work gunner! I've never seen you shoot a Glock before, gonna have to squad up with you next time. Bring the Glock tomorrow at Blue Grass!

FYI... I loved Moving standards. The 3rd target was indeed too far, but the first 2 was like shooting darting doves in sporting clays. You had to hit the first target and have enough time for the second before it got behind view of the first. The 3rd target was more of a hail mary deal imo. Counter defense was pretty cool too.

And I didn't do as bad as I thought. Must have been Moving
Standards that helped me out my overall score so much.

You did very well also.

domzilla9
06-02-2008, 20:01
Where is Winston Wolf when you need him?

45gunner
06-02-2008, 20:35
Where is Winston Wolf when you need him?

Do you have a problem to solve. A corpse to hide?

Clyde
06-02-2008, 21:15
Thanks.

Someone told me you were going to be at the match but I didn't see you.

It was indeed my plan to bust caps at Silver Creek but I had obligations to the BGSL Pistol Club. The Carolina Cup is just around the corner and I need all the trigger time I can get with my ESP Gun.
Guess Ill might see you this weekend at SC. Shooting that other sport :faint: (Wink, Wink)

Bren
06-05-2008, 09:21
It's a nice place to shoot. I hope to do better next time. Apparently I can't shoot worth crap with the Sevigny sights (way low), so it may be back to stock Glock sights for the next match.