Ganito ba rin sa LRT natin? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ganito ba rin sa LRT natin?

chowchow
05-13-2008, 00:31
Siksikan parang mga baboy ? Ok lang kung ang harap mabangong dalaga. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE35onlIySk&eurl=

Clusterbomb
05-13-2008, 02:41
I take the MRT (EDSA line) and man, its riot and bedlam every morning from Monday to Friday.

One way to thin out the crowd is to simply raise the fare- something Malacanang has refused to do in so many years because of the political implications. Pang-masa daw kaya dapat mura.

Ang problema, sobra naman ang mura- lahat tuloy sa MRT na nagsisiksikan. And because the fare is so low, it cannot even earn its keep- govt is subsidizing the operations of MRT. Overcrowding is accelerating the wear and tear of the trains. Every morning, just see how the rowdy crowds at the Cubao station force the train doors open.

When Erap inaugurated the EDSA MRT, the fare was relatively high. Pero ang luwag ng sakay! Before he was ousted, the fares were reduced drastically so as to make the rides affordable to the masses daw.

Fares were raised only once since then. They did so by rounding out the 50 centavo fractions from per station incremental fare beyond the minimum. The fares have been pegged since then.

CatsMeow
05-13-2008, 03:06
I always take the LRT and MRT when I'm in Manila to get me as close to my destination as possible, be it Makati or Quezon City. And I always wanted to kick the asses of those slowpokes who take their time in getting in and, worse, stop at the doorway, especially at the Trinoma or Pasay Rotonda end.:steamed:

And when it's time to disembark and some people want to get in while we are getting out, I make like a bulldozer.:supergrin: When I used to carry a long umbrella, I make like a jousting knight.:supergrin:

And a little rant, with all due respect to any ladies that are reading this thread, why on earth do ladies insist on entering the after cars, when the forward cars are RESERVED for them? Even when they are not accompanied by their boyfriends/husbands. As a result, the after cars are jampacked while the forward cars are not.

Pepe G Boy
05-13-2008, 03:36
I agree with Clusterbomb. I think its high time that the government raise the fare.

What ticks me off is when people stay near the car entrance when they are disembarking three or four stations down.

Clusterbomb
05-13-2008, 03:45
And a little rant, with all due respect to any ladies that are reading this thread, why on earth do ladies insist on entering the after cars, when the forward cars are RESERVED for them?

Same observation here. I always tell the ladies the first car is reserved for them. Some do not know while others say "Ang layo kasi." Malayo ba yung first car?! Sobrang katamaran na yan!

There was even a lady who made a scene after she thought the guy next to her touched her (nanghipo). She clawed, cursed and whacked her bag at the poor fellow. The guy fought back by saying:

"HOY PANGET! DI KITA TYPE! KUNG SI ANN CURTISS KA PA!!"

Roars of laughter broke out inside the train! O sino ngayon ang napahiya?

crazy_hans
05-13-2008, 03:49
Same observation here. I always tell the ladies the first car is reserved for them. Some do not know while others say "Ang layo kasi." Malayo ba yung first car?! Sobrang katamaran na yan!

There was even a lady who made a scene after she thought the guy next to her touched her (nanghipo). She clawed, cursed and whacked her bag at the poor fellow. The guy fought back by saying:

"HOY PANGET! DI KITA TYPE! KUNG SI ANN CURTISS KA PA!!"

Roars of laughter broke out inside the train! O sino ngayon ang napahiya?

sayang naman wala ako dun had i been there she won't hear the end of it hangang bumaba sya ng train.:rofl:

edtf
05-13-2008, 08:26
Dami rin pala sumasakay pala dito ng mrt & lrt. Ehhhh paano kung dala ninyo yung mga pistol ninyo?

Valor1
05-13-2008, 08:33
karamihan naman sa guards e me pagka-engot. may nakasabay nga ako na kita yung dulo ng 1911 nya sa likod. ni hindi nga nakapa ng guard pero kita mo yung dulo. lalo na kung rush hour.

edtf
05-13-2008, 16:51
naiinis lang ako - you are a licensed person and they would treat you like a criminal :steamed:. Iwan ko pa sa bahay kung sasakay ako ng LRT or MRT to avoid the hassles :(

Glock_19_9x19
05-13-2008, 19:17
Dami rin pala sumasakay pala dito ng mrt & lrt. Ehhhh paano kung dala ninyo yung mga pistol ninyo?

I always inform the guard before entering the lrt/mrt station. Sometimes they require you to show your PTC, sometimes hindi.

I hate those old lrt trains..maliit na nga, maiinit pa.. The ones which came from China (or Japan) are better, as long as hindi jam-packed.

edtf
05-13-2008, 23:16
I always inform the guard before entering the lrt/mrt station. Sometimes they require you to show your PTC, sometimes hindi.

I hate those old lrt trains..maliit na nga, maiinit pa.. The ones which came from China (or Japan) are better, as long as hindi jam-packed.

they let you in with your firearm??? Hmmmm.... interesting.

The old one which runs sa manila LRT1 is air conditioned na. But the best is the Recto - Santolan - not too full and very clean.

mariner19
05-14-2008, 03:18
i rode the lrt twice na with my FA. once they asked for my PTC the other time they didn't even notice.

monsignor28
05-18-2008, 09:55
Regarding riding an LRT/MRT with FA, they ask for PTC before they let you in, but sometimes they dont.

I dont ride the LRT/MRT during rush hour, for sure its jampacked :)

PMMA97
05-26-2008, 21:02
Akala ko bawal ang baril na may PTC sa public spaces.