Anybody here has a 9mm Jericho? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here has a 9mm Jericho?

Poodle
05-13-2008, 02:27
I was able to test fire a 9mm Jericho pistol the other day courtesy of an acquiantance. I was impressed with the pistol. According to the owner, everything was straight out of the box. The sights were dead on target and sight picture is terrific, which makes for easy target acquisition. It was the first time I used it and I was able to hit 4 targets (2 plates at 30m plus, 2 poppers at 20m plus) at 100% accuracy. Can somebody give a review on the pistol?

Went to the FED at Camp Crame today and the last Jericho pistol has already been bought by someone else. Anyway, new stocks are coming in and they have a new model, one with a polymer frame and a polygonal barrel. If ever I were to buy one, I'll stick with the steel framed model.

Benj
05-13-2008, 04:00
I used to have one in 9mm. I wasn't that well versed with guns yet when I got it so sadly I can't give any "accurate" reviews. But one of the guys from PB Dionisio tested my gun extensively and he said the sights were way off even at 15-20Meters.

I participated in a few IPSC matches with it, it was prone to jamming even with just slightly bulged cases. Overall it was a decent gun but I had to let it go after a while.

Poodle
05-13-2008, 04:13
I used to have one in 9mm. I wasn't that well versed with guns yet when I got it so sadly I can't give any "accurate" reviews. But one of the guys from PB Dionisio tested my gun extensively and he said the sights were way off even at 15-20Meters.

I participated in a few IPSC matches with it, it was prone to jamming even with just slightly bulged cases. Overall it was a decent gun but I had to let it go after a while.

Thanks. Just shot 4 rounds. Guess I'll stick with my G19.

dinggaling
05-13-2008, 07:25
Thanks. Just shot 4 rounds. Guess I'll stick with my G19.

the jericho is a reliable piece and has interchangeable magazines w/ the cz and the tanfos. but then i'm sure we can't go wrong w/ our G19's. all the best father! :cool:

Poodle
05-13-2008, 18:03
the jericho is a reliable piece and has interchangeable magazines w/ the cz and the tanfos. but then i'm sure we can't go wrong w/ our G19's. all the best father! :cool:

True. The G19 is very reliable for carry and competition even. Low maintenance pa.

Django
05-14-2008, 02:51
Had one a couple of months back. Mine was a little bit picky on the ammo and would not regularly feed reloads which my Glock would digest without a hiccup. Found it too heavy for carry and too finicky for competition. Accuracy was nothing to write home about. Sold it. It was a very sturdy gun though.

Poodle
05-15-2008, 08:26
Had one a couple of months back. Mine was a little bit picky on the ammo and would not regularly feed reloads which my Glock would digest without a hiccup. Found it too heavy for carry and too finicky for competition. Accuracy was nothing to write home about. Sold it. It was a very sturdy gun though.

Thanks for input. Will write off plans on acquiring one.

saki1611
05-15-2008, 08:56
it's among the issue sidearms of the makati police in early 90's. definitely have problems with reloads especially using lead heads, it makes keyholes on target boards. though when it comes to factory load with fmj it's really reliabe. i think the design is really meant for combat, shooting it in double taps in CQB distance will give you a very satisfactory groupings probably because of its extended dust cover that adds weight on the muzzle. the weight of the gun itself helps to minimize the feel of the recoil, but when it comes to daily carry it's a pain.

Poodle
05-15-2008, 16:46
Wow, balagbag sa lead.

saki1611
05-15-2008, 17:47
Wow, balagbag sa lead.

yes sir...

mtho
05-15-2008, 20:51
key holes usually can be solved by recrowning, its an easy process that gunsmiths do when they have the proper equipment. lead sometimes build up on the crown of the barrel that could cost keyholing its solved by cleaning the crown area. if somebody is selling it cheap i guess its worth the try.

toxic
05-16-2008, 01:42
my impression with the Jericho is the same as Saki .Got a jericho941f 9mm myself, had it for years , tried everything on it , teflon, lead , tmj copper coated, conical, round heads heavy loads , light loads ..name it ..sa FMJ lang talaga sya hiyang.
accurate , tough and reliable in my experience. Sira lang talaga or balagbag ang tama pag lead na gamit.

Poodle
05-16-2008, 07:21
Di na lang. Buti pa G19 puede din sa lead - kahit di recommended. Di nag-keyhole. Sundot lang ako every 100 rounds. Yung pangsundot ko special, konting sundot lang tanggal na lead.

Allegra
05-16-2008, 20:02
Maganda ang jericho , pero like the glock it's barrel is poly...polygon.... whatever
It's not made for lead , but gives better accuracy and faster muzzle velo w/ fmj's than barrels w/ the standard rifling

Poodle
05-17-2008, 06:58
Somebody from Striker (gun dealer for Jericho pistols) said that they are coming out with a new pistol with a polymer frame and polygonal barrels. Same as in Glocks. Did they come out with standard riflings?

mtho
05-17-2008, 09:12
magnificent ata yung importer ng jericho, they are located ni cubao sa farmers market

bertud ng putik
05-17-2008, 09:38
madalang na rin ang jericho sa atin kahit na sa magnificent walang stock.

isuzu
05-17-2008, 17:23
key holes usually can be solved by recrowning, its an easy process that gunsmiths do when they have the proper equipment. lead sometimes build up on the crown of the barrel that could cost keyholing its solved by cleaning the crown area. if somebody is selling it cheap i guess its worth the try.

I think it's not the barrel's crown, but the rifling on the Jericho's pistol. There was one shooter at a gun club in Bacolod that had a Jericho pistol. He had to use at least moly coated bullets to make the pistol accurate. Never had a problem with FMJs.

My former Browning MK III had a similar problem. With .354 diameter 124 gr ammo, I had keyhole problems. With a .355 diameter, the pistol was accurate.