Las Vegas Gun Shows [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Gun Shows

jpa
05-13-2008, 20:15
Hey all,

So this past weekend, I completely and totally wasted $22 of my money to get myself and a friend into the gun show at Cashman center. Not only were there only 4 or 5 tables setup that were selling actual non air powered firearms, they had used junk with new price tags on it!! The rest of the place was filled with politicians, the NRA, tinfoil hatters, cheap glass vases, beanie babies and beef jerky. I was kinda disappointed, I was taking a friend who just moved here from New Zealand to his first gun show and I was hoping for a better turnout to show him what American firepower is all about. He was impressed regardless, but I was annoyed as hell since I just got stimulated by the IRS so I had $600 to burn in my hand but nothing worthwhile to spend it on.

Can anyone else relate? Are the days of the $599 gun show special Oly Arms AR15 gone?

Quiet
05-13-2008, 20:46
Are the days of the $599 gun show special Oly Arms AR15 gone?
Yes.

Only Vegas gun shows I bother to go to are the Crossroads of the West shows at Cashman Center. Next one is on August 2-3.

crazypilot
05-13-2008, 21:01
Yes.

Only Vegas gun shows I bother to go to are the Crossroads of the West shows at Cashman Center. Next one is on August 2-3.

Yeah me too. I hate spending money to get in and park only to find nothing. I have been resorting to online purchases.

JimBianchi
05-13-2008, 21:43
Crossroads of the West is the best Gun Show in the Vegas area.

The others are all half the the size.

eXe
05-31-2008, 13:26
Yeah I was at that show as well.. BTW its perhaps the worst show of the year.. Its a smaller one and all the freaks come out lol and there is not much in the way of deals or guns. I was there just to pick up some Makarov mags (they are getting hard to find these days) and some ammo.

The one in Aug should be a good one.

BTW I just discovered this forum.. who knew we glockers had a NV forum :)

crazypilot
05-31-2008, 13:37
Welcome eXe :wavey:.

compscotty
05-31-2008, 16:47
yea i live in LV too and Crossroads are the best show in town. Unfortunately it's not that great. There's a few ammo sellers that usually show up and they are pretty good but the rest of the show is overpriced.

eXe
06-05-2008, 18:05
I think the next decent gun show at Cashman is in Aug.. Yup... just checked the page Aug 2nd and 3rd. Anyone going?

Oh and thanks for the welcome crazypilot.

JimBianchi
06-05-2008, 18:20
I'll be there Aug 2.