Yellowstone concealed carry changes [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone concealed carry changes

Stop CPR
05-15-2008, 19:11
The Interior Department is considering whether someone with a concealed carry permit should be able to carry within national parks if they conform to the CC law in the stste in which the park boundaries are found. In other words, if I have a CC permit for Wyoming or Montana I could carry in Yellowstone Park. Seven former National Park Service directors have signed a letter asking the Interior Department to leave a ban on loaded guns in national parks as it is. The former directors say current rules make national parks among the safest places in the United States. The letter is signed by Park Service directors dating back to the Johnson administration, including the past four park chiefs.

I have been in the back country of several national parks and never saw a ranger past the entrance gate, was unable to get a cell to call for help and was 15 miles or more off any paved road. There was no way help was going to get to me if I needed assistance in anything less than an hour by helicopter. I know that and pot growers know that.
Under current law, gun owners must disassemble their weapons and place them somewhere not easily accessible, like a car trunk. Public comment is now being solicited: http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspubli...0000648053d497

minerat
06-28-2008, 13:13
I added my 2 cents to the record. I suspect there are many of us who may go armed into National Parks (what the Feds don't know won't hurt them). I'd rather face a criminal charge alive then attend a funeral involuntarily. (And for spying eyes I am admitting nothing.):tongueout:

Javelin
06-28-2008, 13:24
I am not allowed on GT to say that I have broken the law on carrying..... BUT I cannot remember a time in the last 8 years that I have ever NOT had a firearm with me when driving in my car or truck.

:supergrin: