Help a Falling Marine [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help a Falling Marine

Bullwinkle J Moose
05-17-2008, 13:07
Hi all,
My brother, William H (Buddy) Stephens, served in the Corp in Vietnam. He has been fighting very aggressive brain tumors for the last year and three months. He has put up one Hell of a fight, withstood more pain and misery and lasted longer than most men in the same condition ever could, but you guys know that, after all he is a Marine.

Today His neurosurgeon and oncologist told us further surgery and treatment will not benefit him and he is going into hospice care until he is called to his final formation. His wife told me he wished to have a burial at sea and asked me to look into the particulars.

Could one of his fellow Marines kindly point me toward whom or which department or office I should contact regarding this? Prayers for his wife and three children would be appreciated, too.

Thanks, not only for your help in this matter, but also for every breath I have taken as a free man.

Marine8541
05-18-2008, 12:50
First off God Bless and I’ll say a prayer for him. The department of Veterans Affairs doesn’t handle the sea burials the Department of the Navy does. Here’s the number to call to start.

http://www.cem.va.gov/cem/bbene/bsea.asp

Bullwinkle J Moose
05-18-2008, 16:25
Many thanks to you.

usmc0341
05-21-2008, 07:34
Sorry to hear about your brother. Prayers go out to him and your family.

Semper Fi,
Brian