replacement watch [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : replacement watch

mule rider
05-17-2008, 19:46
Gentlemen;
About a month ago, my home was burglarized and several items taken. Among these items was a 40 year old Wittnauer gold watch that belonged to a deceased relative. My insurance company inform me the replacement value of this item is around $600. My question to you learned gentlemen is this; I would like to obtain a "dressy" replacement for the above mentioned watch. I don't really "dress up" frequently, to church on Sundays and to the symphony or similar performance on occasion. I wear a Swiss Army Officer's model daily for work, just for information.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

RyanSBHF
05-17-2008, 20:35
CAn you give us a bit more information first? Like what kind of band do you prefer, any specific size you like, etc?

mule rider
05-17-2008, 22:13
I have come to prefer the stainless clasp style band on my SAW. My current watch is around 11/2' diameter. Don't know that I would like one too much larger than that.

Thanks

HerrGlock
05-18-2008, 02:10
Do you prefer yellow or silver metal?
1.5" is a 38mm, that's a smallish watch, is that what you're looking for?
What colour face would you prefer?
What type of bezel would you prefer?
Any complications you're interested in or against?
Do you prefer quartz? Automatic? Thin? Thick?

$500-600 range brings you quite the set of choices, a little more info would help a lot.

mule rider
05-18-2008, 12:31
I actually prefer stainless but am not totally opposed to yellow. I really do not like the "busy" appearance of some watches with all the extra dials and such. There was a picture of a Citizen Eco-Drive in this forum that looked interesting. I belive it was PeterjasonMN who posted it.
Flexible on the thick, thin; quartz, auto functions. Did look at some Tag-Hauer watches that seemed somewhat overpriced for what they were.