CCW instructors? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW instructors?

guitarguy
05-18-2008, 08:50
I am looking for feedback on where you took your Nevada CCW license course, and any recommendations on preferred CCW instructors.
Also a question - If you go get your CCW and qualify with one gun (say a 1911) and then purchase another gun later (say a Glock), what is the procedure for adding the second gun, and is it worth waiting to get the CCW and qualifying once? I have been wanting to get a G19, and have been holding off on getting my CCW until I buy it, but it looks like other things have come up and it may be a while till I get the Glock.
Thanks.

Forgot to mention - I'm in Reno.

Tombstone
05-18-2008, 16:27
There is a husband and wife team in the Reno area who put on the class. Can't remember their names right now and I no longer live in Nevada. They are in the phone book though. If you take their class and then purchase another pistol later they will requalify you for nothing with the new gun. They were both cops at one time or another and put on a pretty good class. If you take the class during the summer, after shooting at the outdoor range they used to bring a machine gun to let you shoot. Woo Hoo!!

MikeDawg
05-18-2008, 16:29
I am looking for feedback on where you took your Nevada CCW license course, and any recommendations on preferred CCW instructors.
Also a question - If you go get your CCW and qualify with one gun (say a 1911) and then purchase another gun later (say a Glock), what is the procedure for adding the second gun, and is it worth waiting to get the CCW and qualifying once? I have been wanting to get a G19, and have been holding off on getting my CCW until I buy it, but it looks like other things have come up and it may be a while till I get the Glock.
Thanks.

Forgot to mention - I'm in Reno.

You have to qualify for each gun you have on your CCW. Go talk to which ever instructor you decide on, and they will usually give you a discount to qualify on a new gun with.

After you qualify with your new gun, you have to head back down to the sheriff's office, and add the gun to your license, which if I remember correctly costs in the neighborhood of $25.

As far as CCW instructors, I really like the guy I qualified with, his name is Greg Rentchler, and he owns the business "Southwest Tactical".

If you contact me, I can give you more information, such as his phone number and anything.

guitarguy
05-18-2008, 16:38
Thanks for the feedback.
Anyone know if when you add another gun to your permit it is immediately added when you go down to the station and pay the $25 (maybe they add a stamp or something along those lines?) I just want to make sure it's not another few months processing time to be able to carry the second gun I add.

nvtaz
05-20-2008, 13:33
24 hrs

In carson there is no fee to add to your CCW

No stamp or anything they can call in for a NICS check and see all that are listed.

TAZ

guitarguy
05-21-2008, 19:25
great!
Thanks for the reply...I don't know what I'm waiting for then...