Petition question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Petition question

Goose5
05-18-2008, 20:35
I do not yet belong. My father, brother, and grandfather are and were past masters. My father was a 33 degree. I am about to start my journey very late. I am 47 years old. The Lodge I wish to join I only know one person who is a member. He is currently the master. Is it proper to ask the master for a petition, or is this mundane chore considered to be beneath him?

lens
05-18-2008, 21:00
Ask ANY Mason for a petition.

I guarantee you that the Master will be more than thrilled to assist you . . . not to mention extending the 3rd generation of Masons in the fraternity.

RED64CJ5
05-19-2008, 15:31
I do not yet belong. My father, brother, and grandfather are and were past masters. My father was a 33 degree. I am about to start my journey very late. I am 47 years old. The Lodge I wish to join I only know one person who is a member. He is currently the master. Is it proper to ask the master for a petition, or is this mundane chore considered to be beneath him?

Congrats for seeking entry... You have taken the first, important step.

Do not worry about your age. Your family will be very proud!

Just ask any Mason in the Lodge of your choosing.

machinisttx
05-19-2008, 21:12

No man in Masonry is any more important than another.

I'm sure the brother you know would be thrilled to provide you with a petition. Good luck. :wavey:

ArodJohns
05-19-2008, 21:41

Short answer: HELL no! Not just a hell, not even a hell no.

Long answer: No it's not in the slightest. Every good Mason should be honored to have someone ask them for a Petition. It says quite a lot about their personality and dedication to the Craft.

deputy tom
05-21-2008, 20:02
G5,there is no job beneath anyone in the Lodge.The WM will jump in and shovel the sidewalks before the meetings,set up the floor,serve pancakes or spaghetti (depending upon which fundraiser is going on) and anything else needed.Been there ,done that and still do in fact. Signing your petition is not a meanial task.It is an honor and will be greeted with zeal.tom.

MarcoPolo
05-22-2008, 10:33
This isn't even a "well it really is, but he'll act like it isn't because it's the polite thing to do" situation. He will be THRILLED to assist you in petitioning the lodge.

As you begin your journey, you will be humbled at the number of Brothers who will be willing to invest in you becoming a Mason.

ArodJohns
05-22-2008, 14:11
This isn't even a "well it really is, but he'll act like it isn't because it's the polite thing to do" situation. He will be THRILLED to assist you in petitioning the lodge.

As you begin your journey, you will be humbled at the number of Brothers who will be willing to invest in you becoming a Mason.

+1 You'll be surprised at the number of people you'll see out and about through your day who'll offer assistance with your exams.