Uniform Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Question

bigjim
05-20-2008, 01:28
Just got on with an ambulance company, looks like I'll be spending the summer running BLS calls on 12-hour shifts.

My problem is that I'm a fat bastard. I'm working on it, and making progress, but I don't want to be a sweathog on the rig if I can help it. Nobody likes a big smelly fat guy.

Who can recommend a good undershirt to wear beneath my uniform rig to help with the sweating? Is Underarmor good? Is there something better? Any help is appreciated.

Fire_Medic
05-20-2008, 08:35
Underarmour Heatgear is the way to go. And if the company requires a V-neck shirt under the uniform, Underarmour sells those as well. Good luck.

:cool:

bigjim
05-26-2008, 23:06
Underarmour Heatgear is the way to go. And if the company requires a V-neck shirt under the uniform, Underarmour sells those as well. Good luck.

:cool:

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

And thankfully, we don't require v-necks, because I have about as much body hair as Ron Jeremy and in a v-neck I look like a Hungarian pimp from 1970. The only thing missing is the gold medallion.

Da-Squad
05-27-2008, 07:17
You might wanna purchase a few extra uniform shirts and extra undershirts as a possible alternative. A quick change between runs will make you look and feel better.

MEDIC1167
06-25-2008, 05:11
You might wanna purchase a few extra uniform shirts and extra undershirts as a possible alternative. A quick change between runs will make you look and feel better.

+1 on that.

obxemt
06-26-2008, 23:50
My problem is that I'm a fat bastard.

:rofl: That's a problem? I'm all self-conscious now! :supergrin:

When I worked EMS about 10 years ago I was 5'10" and 315 pounds. Multiple uniforms (or at least under/t-shirts to change) and/or UnderArmor are my recommendations.

Hose off a couple times a week too. That helps. :tongueout:

HarleyArcher
06-27-2008, 08:03
+1 for the Under Armor Heat gear! Just started wearing them recently myself. They are a bit on the costly side, but they do work nice. Bryan