Jack Update [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jack Update

TreehugginGlock
05-20-2008, 15:10
:music:

Just wanted to let all you guys know that Jack was released from the hospital today and will be home for a while before his next round of treatments. He still has a battle ahead of him but things are looking really good and he's been responding very well to the treatment so far. I don't know much else, but I thought I should pass the word around just in case anyone was planning on stopping by his hospital room for a visit.

Keep up the good work, Jack. We are looking forward to you being able to join us again, soon.

:music:

moreammoplz
05-20-2008, 16:16
Great news, I didn't realize he was sick.

KYgundoc
05-20-2008, 19:35
That is good news

45gunner
05-21-2008, 05:00
That is good news

I got him a Sigarms bag with Sig liteature at the NRA convention but have not go around to delivering it yet.

glockguy609
05-21-2008, 10:45
Thanks for all the good wishes and thoughts, I'm at home for about 10 days (maybe) before round 2 starts, I guess for those of you who are curious I was diagnosed with stage 4 Lymphoma, good news is that I lucked out and got one of the best oncologist and with this aggressive treatment there is an 80% cure rate. Trust me the treatment SUCKS big time but at least I have been given good odds and am blessed with a loving wife and some really good friends to help me through.

As a side , the only way I knew I had this was the development of a lump, but other forms of cancer have easy screening , Get them the best way to beat it is to catch it early.

Special thanks to all my GT buddies, who were able to visit me in the hospital.

Berretta9
05-21-2008, 14:58
Great to hear. Glad I got to see ya before you got green around the gills. I know it's a rough road but I have every confidence that you will blast right thru this.

glockguy609
07-15-2008, 08:14
Thought I'd pop in and say hi, I'm about a week away from finishing my 3rd series of treatment, so far this one hasn't been too bad and I made it through it once so I should be able to do it, then I just have one more short treatment series of about a week then recovery for at least a month. But I'm doing pretty good all things considered and I'm better than halfway through.
Hopefully I'll be back with you guys soon, although I may need some practice before I start again, I'd hate to get too embarrased.:embarassed:

moreammoplz
07-15-2008, 09:02
I wish you the best, I can't imagine what the treatments must be like.

Keep up the positive attitude I wish you the best.

Mike

45gunner
07-15-2008, 16:08
Thought I'd pop in and say hi, I'm about a week away from finishing my 3rd series of treatment, so far this one hasn't been too bad and I made it through it once so I should be able to do it, then I just have one more short treatment series of about a week then recovery for at least a month. But I'm doing pretty good all things considered and I'm better than halfway through.
Hopefully I'll be back with you guys soon, although I may need some practice before I start again, I'd hate to get too embarrased.:embarassed:

Good to hear from you Jack there are other people being embarrassed by Treehuggin.

TreehugginGlock
07-15-2008, 21:06
Good to hear from you Jack there are other people being embarrassed by Treehuggin.Now don't go scaring the boy. I've just had a few good nights, that's all. Besides, it gave me some time to catch up to him. No fun coughing up dust every time when you're getting smoked by the rest of you.

KPSquared
07-24-2008, 16:46
Best wishes.

glockguy609
08-31-2008, 15:17
Good News!!
My doctor sent me in for another scan and bone marrow biopsy and everything is clear now! I still have one more short round of treatment and he said I still won't really feel like myself till late Oct. . But at least we know the treatment has worked.
Thanks Everyone!

45gunner
08-31-2008, 15:35
Good News!!
My doctor sent me in for another scan and bone marrow biopsy and everything is clear now! I still have one more short round of treatment and he said I still won't really feel like myself till late Oct. . But at least we know the treatment has worked.
Thanks Everyone!

Good news.:embarassed:

Lets us know when your up to going to dinner?

TreehugginGlock
08-31-2008, 17:37
Good News!!
Thanks Everyone!:music::devildance:Can't wait to have you join us again.:ladiesman::dancingbanana::wave:

Berretta9
09-01-2008, 07:47
Thats is great news. Late October would be a great time to get together.

fryeg7
09-05-2008, 15:04
sorry to hear of your troubles, jack, and glad to hear things are looking up for you. best wishes.

greg

TreehugginGlock
09-08-2008, 09:50
Just heard that Jack is being released from the hospital from his final treatment today. This one was a "just in case" kind of thing because he had already gotten a free and clear report before from the doctor. Now all we need to do is get him fattened up and get his strength back and we should have our old Jack back.

Speedy recovery, my friend. Can't wait til you're able to join us again.

:wave:

45gunner
09-08-2008, 19:40
Just heard that Jack is being released from the hospital from his final treatment today. This one was a "just in case" kind of thing because he had already gotten a free and clear report before from the doctor. Now all we need to do is get him fattened up and get his strength back and we should have our old Jack back.

Speedy recovery, my friend. Can't wait til you're able to join us again.

:wave:

Treehuggin is just wanting to beat you.
Better practice up before you come to a match.