Non-Glock Inquiry: How is your SW 625? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Non-Glock Inquiry: How is your SW 625?

boholglock
05-20-2008, 19:51
Hello BOGs.
After browsing through a lot of pistol threads, my curiosity brought me to a new topic of interest: the 625 revolver. I'm hopeful I can get an informed choice if and when I decide to buy one.
I understand this is a non-Glock topic but I'm optimistic some revo shooters will chime in their personal review/s on the .45acp revo by SW.
Please share your own experience and inputs, no generalizations, no speculations, no hear-say talks.
Thank you.

CatsMeow
05-20-2008, 20:27
There's one here in our club, not just a 625, it's a Jerry Miculek special. I should know since I supplied 6 rds of FMJ .45 for it to be fired the first time it was presented in the club. It's rather big, but looks great, fastest revolver to reload because of its full moon clips. Snapping the rounds in the clip is a breeze but removing them is another matter as it needs a special tool; there was none at the time so I didn't get back my cases. And since it's a revolver, it's forgiving of case dimensions in reloaded ammo that would surely jam a 1911, like mine last weekend.

Great gun, just don't think of tucking it in your waistband.:supergrin:

Allegra
05-20-2008, 23:21
There's one here in our club, not just a 625, it's a Jerry Miculek special. I should know since I supplied 6 rds of FMJ .45 for it to be fired the first time it was presented in the club. It's rather big, but looks great, fastest revolver to reload because of its full moon clips. Snapping the rounds in the clip is a breeze but removing them is another matter as it needs a special tool; there was none at the time so I didn't get back my cases. And since it's a revolver, it's forgiving of case dimensions in reloaded ammo that would surely jam a 1911, like mine last weekend.

Great gun, just don't think of tucking it in your waistband.:supergrin:

I didnt shoot one
But I was there when I saw my friend shoot his ( since sold )
Fast nga to reload w/ moonclips kasi ang taba ng bala
The special tool my friend uses is just a piece of thick twisated wire w/ a loop at the end

boholglock
05-23-2008, 08:19
More info please.

CatsMeow
05-23-2008, 21:47
If it shows up at the range today I'll borrow and shoot it, ok?:supergrin:

boholglock
05-24-2008, 18:03
hehehe thank Bai!

CatsMeow
07-15-2008, 01:08
Bai, I finally got to fire a S&W 625, the Jerry Miculek special, even if only six rounds. The trigger was so smooth, absolutely no grittiness, but my DA skills were a bit rusty, so I missed, one round did not fire and needed another whack from the firing pin before firing. Winchester primers, according to the owner, are a bit hard for the 625.

De-mooning the empties was accomplished using only a stainless steel tube.

Clusterbomb
07-15-2008, 02:41
Snapping the rounds in the clip is a breeze but removing them is another matter as it needs a special tool;

:supergrin:

I think this 'special tool' is called a "spoon". The odd thing is that, hindi yata kasama in the box when you buy a 625. Or is it? Kasi back in the 90s when Sigcomm Wagenhaus was the local distributor of Smiths, I saw a 625 in the box and I can't recall seeing a spoon included there.

CatsMeow
07-15-2008, 02:52
I think this 'special tool' is called a "spoon". The odd thing is that, hindi yata kasama in the box when you buy a 625. Or is it? Kasi back in the 90s when Sigcomm Wagenhaus was the local distributor of Smiths, I saw a 625 in the box and I can't recall seeing a spoon included there.

I watched the owner remove the empties with a short length of stainless steel tube; push into case then yank sideways. So I suppose his 625 didn't come with a de-mooning tool too.

I'd love to have one... a revolver is the most forgiving when it comes to dubious ammo; I've fired rounds in my .38 which then refused to extract as the case had split lengthwise. Didn't hurt the gun, hurt my hand instead when I tried to slap the extractor.:embarassed:

boholglock
07-15-2008, 08:55
The best way to avoid temptation is to give in:supergrin:.

I think we share the same club-Kamagong (KSGC) where people are so gentle, kind and friendly. I'm not based in Cebu, but I go there to shoot mostly on weekends. I make the most of the PTT:rofl:.

I too get the chance to fire 2 full moon clips on a friend's 625. The experience was too awesome, I ended up getting one. And I've never been happier:embarassed:.

You can never go wrong with the 625.

Hope to meet in the coming club shoots.

boholglock

CatsMeow
07-15-2008, 19:01
The best way to avoid temptation is to give in:supergrin:.

I think we share the same club-Kamagong (KSGC) where people are so gentle, kind and friendly. I'm not based in Cebu, but I go there to shoot mostly on weekends. I make the most of the PTT:rofl:.

I too get the chance to fire 2 full moon clips on a friend's 625. The experience was too awesome, I ended up getting one. And I've never been happier:embarassed:.

You can never go wrong with the 625.

Hope to meet in the coming club shoots.

boholglock

I'm in Kamagong in the afternoons of weekends. I don't shoot competition pistol but have participated in last Sunday's rifle shoot.... great fun!