HELP ..ceramic cooktop [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : HELP ..ceramic cooktop

Romadoc
05-21-2008, 00:11
Need help in cleaning a ceramic (Ceran-Schott) cooktop. It's black with a smooth top. Actually, I got involved in reading while boiling water in a stainless steel pot. There was no boil over and the pot just boiled dry. Now there is an ugly black stain on the burner which I have not been able to remove. I've tried various creams, Barkeepers Friend, soap....nothing works. Would be grateful for any help.

MrsKitty
05-21-2008, 17:46
I once used a mixture I concocted on a similar condition smooth top of the special cleanser liquid (I think we got it at the appliance store) with some Ajax and salt (abrasives) along with a Brillo pad. I made a really thick paste and scrubbed hard. It took FOREVER but I finally got everything cleaned off it.

sweetatergal
06-03-2008, 15:29
I use Soft Scrub and an SOS sponge (you know sponge on one side and scrubber on the other). You can even try taking a razor blade to the burnt on black stain and see if you can scrape it off.

Good luck!

HerrGlock
06-03-2008, 15:38
Take a paper towel and wet it with olive oil, cooking oil or something similar. Right before you go to work, lay the paper towel on the spot and make sure it's WET.

When you get home, take a razor blade to the spot at a 20 to 30 degree angle. I'd bet it comes right off.

Mr V
06-03-2008, 20:38
We have had a ceramic cook top for over 10 years. And I have just about spilled, boiled over, anything you can think of.
Razor blade at 20 to 30 degree angle works most the time.
Best cleaner/remover is product called COOK TOP (Sears stock #22-40079)
Cerama bryte ceramic cooktop cleaner will also work if you can't find the COOK TOP cleaner.
Cerma bryte cleaning pads work really well in conjunction with the cleaner.
If I spill etc I try to clean up that same day.
Out of habit I clean the range top every Sat am. Only takes a minute or two.
If spot doesn't come out just keep working at it. Most the time they will come up.