Do you know Rey(naldo) Abad? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Do you know Rey(naldo) Abad?

deadday
05-21-2008, 18:28
I know there is slim to no chance of this, but when I was living in Houston, I worked as a Range Safety Officer with a man named Rey Abad. He was from the Phillipines, and returned often to shoot IPPSC matches there, as well as other places around the world. I'm pretty sure he was a Grand Master level competitor. As I said, I know it is highly unlikely, but I'm sure there are a few of you guys out there that shoot competitions, so there is a chance I suppose that he may be known to some of you. I'm trying to get in touch with Rey but I don't have a current phone number for him..

thanks for any help guys!
drew

Allegra
05-21-2008, 18:52
Hi ,
When was this?

CatsMeow
05-21-2008, 18:56
I think he's here in Cebu City now. I heard he's supposed to teach some classes over at our range this weekend. He regularly shoots at matches here in the Philippines. I don't know how to contact him but if I see him at the range I'll ask.

BTW check out the first page of the Pictures Thread 08 in this forum. I posted a picture of him.

You may contact this fellow, who's a columnist in our local paper and who announced yesterday Rey Abad's classes: knrama@gmail.com

deadday
05-21-2008, 19:16
Allegra, I worked with him in 2003-4 at American Shooting Centers....CatsMeow thank you very much for the info! I'm glad I posted this...didn't really think I had much of chance, but as we are reminded daily, it is a small world...

drew

CatsMeow
05-21-2008, 19:20
Glad to be of help.

deadday
05-21-2008, 19:23
Glad to be of help.

I found the picture, yes sir, that is definately the Rey I know!! I'll be damned...If you happen to see him at the range, would you mind passing on my contact information to him? I would really appreciate it!

drew

CatsMeow
05-21-2008, 19:46
Sure no problem. I'll tell him when I see him.

isuzu
05-21-2008, 20:05
You could also probably try to convince him to join BOG. :)

CatsMeow
05-21-2008, 20:21
I could try that. Get him into Glocktalk first.:supergrin:

deadday
05-21-2008, 21:03
I could try that. Get him into Glocktalk first.:supergrin:

He used to be more of an XD guy :whistling: He may have seen the light since then though...

drew

CatsMeow
05-23-2008, 00:49
Finally got hold of Rey Abad. Fancy that, his office is about 200 meters away from mine. And yes, he has a Glock.:supergrin: