Considering writing and Article/Paper. Thoughts? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Considering writing and Article/Paper. Thoughts?

MarcoPolo
05-25-2008, 14:23
Brethren,

Over the last year I have had some interesting discussions with several brethren. It has shown me that many have very little understanding of the biblical passages that are used during the degree work.

I don't fault them for this, and don't expect everyone to be a student of the bible (or even a Christian). However, once they understand the beauty of the symbolism behind it, they get more from the degree.

I'm considering writing a pamphlet, maybe even a small book. Something along the lines of "Scripture in the Masonic Tradition".

Is this something you feel would be of use to the brethren? Thoughts? Feedback?

machinisttx
05-25-2008, 22:51
When it is said that "religion and the Fraternity are so far intertwined....", it is significant understatement...

The more I read of the Bible(actually, the more times I read it), the more things I find which are referenced(though sometimes in a very minuscule way) in the Blue Lodge degrees. The little pocket bible I carry often is dog eared in many, many places.

You have a difficult task ahead of you. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

MarcoPolo
05-26-2008, 10:26
You have a difficult task ahead of you. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

I completely agree. I think my toughest task will be to put boundaries in place from the beginning on what I will cover. I think if you get into how the blue lodge degrees touch upon scriptural precepts, it would be volumes. For now, I'm going to cover direct references to scripture in the 3 degree.

05-27-2008, 06:51
There is an old timer in my lodge that went through and listed a bunch of biblical passages in a document that are masonic.

I can forward it if you like.

Maybe even post it.

I might have to scan it and convert it.

Let me know if anyone would like it.

MarcoPolo
05-27-2008, 12:48
There is an old timer in my lodge that went through and listed a bunch of biblical passages in a document that are masonic.

I can forward it if you like.

Maybe even post it.

I might have to scan it and convert it.

Let me know if anyone would like it.

I would definitely enjoy looking at it, and would certainly credit the author with any portion quoted.

THANKS!

05-27-2008, 13:16
My scanner will not work with me so I have to retype the entire thing.

Do you think it would be approppriate to post it in an open forum?

I suppose they are all bible verses that anyone can read right??

Give me some time to retype them.
Let me know what you guys think.

MarcoPolo
05-27-2008, 17:24
If there's any doubt, I will PM you my e-mail address. Better safe than sorry.

RED64CJ5
05-27-2008, 20:27
There are numerous Masonic Bibles and other books (see Amazon) that have the King James Version references in them...

From my experience visiting lodges outside my jurisdiction (including other countries), some jurisdictions use less of the Biblical references. In my opinion, they are no less a Masonic Lodge than my own.

machinisttx
05-27-2008, 21:31
There are numerous Masonic Bibles and other books (see Amazon) that have the King James Version references in them...

From my experience visiting lodges outside my jurisdiction (including other countries), some jurisdictions use less of the Biblical references. In my opinion, they are no less a Masonic Lodge than my own.

As far as I know, all Masonic edition bibles are the King James Version.

I got to see a Scottish(put on by genuine Scotsmen) Masters degree not long ago. As best I remember, all of the references were the same.