If you are on the waiting list for Dakota County Gun Club [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : If you are on the waiting list for Dakota County Gun Club

RLDS45S
05-26-2008, 10:23
A real sign of the times, rising ammo prices and reloading component prices augmented by higher gas costs, I heard that 75+ members did not renew their memeberships this spring. There is fixed membership cap at about 450. That is a 15 percent or so non-renwal rate. Last I heard the waiting list had been capped about 200. So, there ought to be some movement on the waiting list.

Otto Skorzeny
05-30-2008, 08:31
A real sign of the times, rising ammo prices and reloading component prices augmented by higher gas costs, I heard that 75+ members did not renew their memeberships this spring. There is fixed membership cap at about 450. That is a 15 percent or so non-renwal rate. Last I heard the waiting list had been capped about 200. So, there ought to be some movement on the waiting list.

What is the point of limiting membership? Do they think too many people would try to go shooting at once?

RLDS45S
05-31-2008, 06:38
Private clubs do as they wish, just as golf clubs, marianas, etc.....

Otto Skorzeny
05-31-2008, 18:07
Private clubs do as they wish, just as golf clubs, marianas, etc.....

I see, I see. Just another "exclusive" club.

No thanks.

RLDS45S
06-02-2008, 11:21
Gun clubs have existed for a long time! And, membership caps are a real fact of life. Look at any club in the metro: They almost all have membership caps.....very frew of the clubs have regular public hours, except Oakdale during the summer. Some clubs are really hard to get into....and manhy restrict membership to those that are high power shooters or dedicated to a specific discipline. Sorry Otto but that is the things are! Most clubs just do not cater to plinkers.....

Otto Skorzeny
06-02-2008, 16:35
Sorry Otto but that is the things are! Most clubs just do not cater to plinkers.....

It really doesn't bother me any.

I shoot at public ranges and I enjoy it.

jem375
06-02-2008, 18:15
I think Oakdale had around 85 openings this year also...... some people either quit because they don't shoot enough to warrant the money and time spent as range officers or have better things to do ... I don't shoot as much as I would like but will keep my membership..

RLDS45S
06-04-2008, 01:38
The club out in Billings Mt is so exclusive someone has to die to get into it. Sort of like Green Bay Packer Season Tickets.

Does not matter, people will do as they do....but they then should not take exception either if they are not willing to put in the work hours as required by membership or pay the passive membership dues.

People who skate on the coat tails of others are not sportsman or 2A patriots! People who choose path of *****ing about stuff without action ought just plain give up their guns!

Man if all the hunters in MN were members of the NRA and the MRRA the permit to carry laws would have changed a lot sooner! A unified voice is better then a bunch of peanut gallery *****ing!

Otto Skorzeny
06-04-2008, 15:32
[QUOTE=RLDS45S;10602930]The club out in Billings Mt is so exclusive someone has to die to get into it. Sort of like Green Bay Packer Season Tickets.

QUOTE]

That's insane. Is there no open land to shoot at in Montana? It's Montana ferchrissakes. Then again, I wonder why the Green Bay Packers never build a football stadium like some Universities such as Penn State, Michigan, Florida, Tennesee etc. (100,000+ capacity) if they supposedly have such a demand for Packer tickets.