View Full Version : Questions for N.C
1) Is it legal to open carry in N.C.?
2) I have a CCW that has reciprocity, can a carry in State Parks?
3) If a LEO stop me, do I have to tell him that I have a gun and show my license?
I would appreciate if you answer the questions in order.
1. yes, although it will likely get you unwanted attention in urban areas.
More info: http://www.ncdoj.com/law_enforcement/cle_handguns_reciprocity.jsp
Here is an open ended caution on open carry on page 23 of the North Carolina Firearms Laws which is at the bottom of TP's linked page.
6. Going Armed To The Terror Of The People
By common law in North Carolina, it is unlawful for a person to arm
himself/herself with any unusual and dangerous weapon, for the purpose of terrifying
others, and go about on public highways in a manner to cause terror to others. The
N.C. Supreme Court states that any gun is an unusual and dangerous weapon for
purposes of this offense. Therefore, persons are cautioned as to the areas they frequent
If you are stopped by LEO, you are not to show them, and especially do not reach for, your gun or your license.
You are simply required to inform them that you hold a CHP. They will probably ask you if you are currently carrying, and where the gun is located, but you aren't required to show them unless they ask.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.