SAS Shoot was a big success! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SAS Shoot was a big success!

Kilroy
06-30-2002, 04:07
On Saturday we had another great turnout on our SAS/Second Amendment Sister Free Ladies Day Shoot. Providing all guns, ammo and safety gear, 40 new shooters braved the elements (105 degrees and little wind) to participate. We had a number of tents set up for shade, provided all kinds of comfort items, each shooter had a personal coach and we shot for about four hours. The ladies were able to shoot on paper and steel. Several newer shooters discovered what fun it was. They were able to try a variety of semi-autos and revolvers.
Toward the end of the morning, Glock was the persistent favorite.
All attendees were able to get signed up in a raffle for a Glock furnished by the company.

This is our tenth shoot so far, the first of four this year. All it takes to set up one is some folks with ambition. Once they get going, everyone wants to be involved. It is quite gratifying to watch a new shooter develop. This is also a way to introduce new shooters to the idea that a training class is essential.

Kolchak
06-30-2002, 04:23
Good deal, Kilroy. Glad to hear it was so successful, and
that you have more coming up. I'm a big fan and charter
member of SAS, and I'm happy to see them getting the word
out. Keep up the good work.

Cyn
07-02-2002, 22:28
Kilroy,

What state are you in? I think our local branch just had a shoot. I wonder if we are neighbors. I'm in Colo.