Carry Permit Renewals Backed Way Up [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Carry Permit Renewals Backed Way Up

AndABeer
06-02-2008, 16:05
Apparently the renewals for carry permits are backed up 12 weeks so return the completed form in ASAP. You can call and get them to send a temp permit but it took me three days of calling to get someone to answer their phone.

Akita
06-02-2008, 17:39
/////

Fallguy
06-03-2008, 08:23
Isnt there a 'must issue within 90 days' in the CCW law?

The 90 day time limit is only for new Handgun Carry Permits (HCP) there is no time limit on issuing renewals.

You can apply for a renewal 6 months prior to expiration. If you go to a DL station to renew, the receipt that you get and your old permit will let you carry until your new one is issued. But if you renew by mail you have no such receipt.

Also another not of interest. TN is requiring proof of Citizenship or Legal Permanent Residency for all renewals (in person or by mail) as well.

http://www.tennessee.gov/safety/handgun/renewals.htm

Keith_H1
06-15-2008, 00:16
hi. 1st post here. i'm going next week to attempt to apply for my permit. took the class last weekend. the only thing i'm worried about is my birth certificate (from alabama). i've caught some grief over it last year because it doesn't have a raised stamp on it. it's official but i guess in 1968 they didn't have an embossed stamp, or i was just lucky enough to not have gotten one. i started driving a truck last year and the only thing that got me through the process was a military dd214 and my tennessee voter registration card. will these work? didn't see it on the list but it would suck to have to wait on a new birth certificate from alabama. thanks, keith

Akita
06-15-2008, 08:22
/////