Firehouse Magazine "POV" Editorial Cartoon [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Firehouse Magazine "POV" Editorial Cartoon

obxemt
06-02-2008, 21:59
http://www.firehouse.com/cartoon/2008/may/Wise-Up.jpg

Blitzer
06-02-2008, 23:20
Reminds me of Rat Fink and other zany car jockies!

;)

Oops, telling my age again!

MEDIC1167
06-25-2008, 05:09
Reminds me of a guy I used to work with...Canary yellow Ford Fiesta with a full size (52") Federal Firehawk light bar strapped to the roof. It hung over the edge so far you could bang your head on it getting in. :rofl:

obxemt
06-25-2008, 07:24
Ha. 10 years ago when I was a new volunteer fireman, my POV lighting installations were always very tasteful. :rofl:

DTLarson
06-25-2008, 10:01
I switched from Firehouse to Fire Engineering about a year or a year and a half ago. Firehouse seems to have turned too much into a "wacker" magazine for me. It's full of stories about big fires and incidents and not much on review of equipment, tactics and other things like that.

RyanNREMTP
06-25-2008, 10:06
I switched from Firehouse to Fire Engineering about a year or a year and a half ago. Firehouse seems to have turned too much into a "wacker" magazine for me. It's full of stories about big fires and incidents and not much on review of equipment, tactics and other things like that.

I agree, I canceled my subscription to Firehouse and got one for Fire-Rescue instead. Much better in my opinion. About the only thing I used Firehouse for was the forum which I've slacked off on lately.

grfd600
06-25-2008, 19:49
Ya, I'd call this wacker too, but the last time I brought up a wacker thread it got closed and some got butt hurt; wackers I guess. Anyway, great cartoon. Wacking is a very thin line. Either your scared of what they do or laugh at them.

obxemt
06-25-2008, 19:58
It's full of stories about big fires and incidents...

That's nothing new...it has been that way since 1979, or whenever it started. I subscribed from 1988-2005.

Ya, I'd call this wacker too, but the last time I brought up a wacker thread it got closed and some got butt hurt; wackers I guess.

I actually find that term to be extremely offensive and unnecessarily pejorative. Plus it is a little broad and can be used to insult folks for just about anything. It seems to be usually thrown around by guys who over-compensate for their own lack self confidence with territorial machismo about fire service issues. Instead of actually articulating what they really want to say, they find it much easier to dismissively call someone a "wacker" than to engage in meaningful discussion.

fireguy129
06-27-2008, 18:32
Firehouse tells you what happened, Fire Engineering tells you what to do if it happens again. I think FE wins hands down, much more technical, less political and commercial than Firehouse.

grfd600
06-27-2008, 21:48
Firehouse tells you what happened, Fire Engineering tells you what to do if it happens again. I think FE wins hands down, much more technical, less political and commercial than Firehouse.

I agree.

And Xpoletemt or whatever, I actually find you to be extremely offensive and unnecessarily pejorative. You are obviously a wacker too, hence the "offense". :supergrin:

fjnardo
06-29-2008, 18:10
Fire Engineering is definitely more practical. The Firehouse magazine doesn't do much for me. Though, the Firehouse website is definitely a more valuable tool.

Thru & Thru
06-30-2008, 21:49
Ha. 10 years ago when I was a new volunteer fireman, my POV lighting installations were always very tasteful. :rofl:

Hmmmm - yes, and MY installations, - well, let's just call them - um, imaginative.... Yeah, that's the ticket! :wow: