the wife bought here a new bike [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : the wife bought here a new bike

bdhawk
06-07-2008, 18:01
last saturday, i hitched up the trailer to my SUV and my wife took off to the big city to buy her a new bike. i couldn't go, i had to work. she already transferred money from savings to checking. she did her homework online and had some ideas what she wanted, but she knew she was at the mercy of what the dealers had in stock. she wanted it to be her bike, she wanted to cut the deal, this was for her and her only. she did not want my hand me down so i could buy a new one. she did not make a really great deal, but she did OK. she did opt for the extended warranty. i haven't read up on it yet to see what the perks are, if any, on the extended warranty.

anyway, she bought a kawasaki vulcan 900 classic. nice shade of red, candy imperial red. electronic ignition, and fuel injection, and belt driven. nice bike. i am not too keen on the handlebars. think of grabbing a longhorn steer by the horns. really different than the dragbars i have on my suzuki S83.

Thorazine
06-09-2008, 14:39
Looks nice!

My next bike will definitely be a cruiser (in addition to my current sport).

-and-

I love the looks of those vulcan's.

I wonder if they are available without the passenger seat?

JimK
06-09-2008, 16:57
You know there is a guy on Intruder alert.com who`s wife bought that same bike. Who also lives in Texas and rides an S83. What a coincidence.:wavey:

bdhawk
06-09-2008, 19:27
WOW!!! small world, huh?

ok, ok, i fess up. i do post on IA on occasion.

fnfalman
06-11-2008, 17:45
Good for her.