Broken brake bleeding nipple [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Broken brake bleeding nipple

357glocker
06-08-2008, 00:19
Attempting to loosen the brake bleeding valve on a ford ranger and the nipple somehow got twisted off in the socket. Luckily the bolt still seals and doesn't leak any fluid but the problem is I can't bleed the system properly without doing this wheel also. So......to fix this do I have to replace the entire rear drum and parts or do these bolts come all the way out and just screw a replacement in and rebleed the system?

Ron3
06-09-2008, 16:29
Attempting to loosen the brake bleeding valve on a ford ranger and the nipple somehow got twisted off in the socket. Luckily the bolt still seals and doesn't leak any fluid but the problem is I can't bleed the system properly without doing this wheel also. So......to fix this do I have to replace the entire rear drum and parts or do these bolts come all the way out and just screw a replacement in and rebleed the system?

It will screw all the way and you can replace it. If it won't come out you can replace the wheel cylinder. (Thats the cylinder the bleeder fits into) They are about $30.

spotco2
06-09-2008, 18:17
Tap an easy out into it and just unscrew it out and replace it.

Otherwise, replace the wheel cylinder like Ron3 said.

357glocker
06-11-2008, 05:04
Thanks,
I'll be able to get unscrew it as it was only the nipple that twisted off in the socket.