Cruise Control on a 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control on a 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500..

itsnitro
06-09-2008, 18:50
The cruise doesn't work on the above vehicle. I haven't checked the fuse yet but how hard is it to change out if I need to buy another one?

Thanks for any help! :wavey:

knightkrawler00
06-12-2008, 08:41
Depends on what throttle control system you have. If you have a cable, there is a cruise control servo, if it's fly by wire then the PCM does all the cruise stuff. Haven't seen too many problems with cruise in that year of truck, but it could be a bunch of other things that cause the cruise to stop working. It would probably save you time and money to take it to the dealer, or atleast see if it has any codes in it. Most parts stores will scan it for free.

itsnitro
06-12-2008, 10:03
Depends on what throttle control system you have. If you have a cable, there is a cruise control servo, if it's fly by wire then the PCM does all the cruise stuff. Haven't seen too many problems with cruise in that year of truck, but it could be a bunch of other things that cause the cruise to stop working. It would probably save you time and money to take it to the dealer, or atleast see if it has any codes in it. Most parts stores will scan it for free.
Thank you sir for your response. I am have to take over to Auto zone to see if any codes pop up. I'll also check the fuse and which cruise control system I have. Thanks again!