concealed carry reciprocity with Florida? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : concealed carry reciprocity with Florida?

Ian
06-11-2008, 12:23
Good day people.
Why doesn't South Carolina have concealed carry reciprocity with Florida?
Thanks.

Ian
06-12-2008, 09:20
There are a number of reasons why other states refuse to honor Florida licenses. Some states will recognize another state's licenses only if that other state's gun laws are substantially similar to their own. South Carolina, for example, will not honor Florida licenses because Florida's issuance standards differ from South Carolina's standards on key points.
Interseted to know which "key points"

Glocks&Ducs
06-12-2008, 10:12
Look up the standards for both and compare. There are only so many key points that can be involved. Duration of classroom instruction, if any is required at all. Whether or not a "shooting test" is performed. And what kind of background checks are involved are about all I can think of.

93GT
06-12-2008, 16:38
Could just be because they won't honor Florida's permit or vice versa. It seems to me that some states don't have reciprocity with other states simply because there is no reason for the attorney general to take the time to sign one and try to get one signed in return.

RichardB
06-13-2008, 10:56
Perhaps one of the SC shooters associations can answer your question.

FlaChef
06-21-2008, 09:25
SC did ban anyone "arrested for" a felony whereas FL banned anyone "convicted" of a felony.
That was what i had read a few years ago, however I just read (over in fl forum here) that SC gov. just passed a bill loosening SC's recipricocity (SP?) requirements.
Anyone know anything about this?

The Pontificator
09-11-2008, 18:56
SC and FL now have reciprocity I'll post more info as I get it.

The Pontificator
09-12-2008, 13:47
The SLED website now lists FL as a reciprocity state.

NOTE: SC will only honor FL permit holders who LIVE IN FLORIDA. If you live in a state other than FL than you cannot legally carry in SC on a FL permit.

Ian
09-12-2008, 14:09
Interesting.....Many thanks!