Shooter from NJ Utilizing PA Outdoor Range? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shooter from NJ Utilizing PA Outdoor Range?

fatalz
06-11-2008, 15:42
Hello Folks,

First time poster, although I have been lurking on GT for a while. I just got my Firearms ID Card and permit to purchase and bought a Glock 23, and so far, I have probably put about 1,000 rounds through it at an indoor range in NJ.

My question for the PA forum is can I go to your outdoor ranges and shoot legally? Pike is the closest to me, and I would like to shoot outdoors sometime this summer...

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Steve in PA
06-11-2008, 22:38
Absolutely.

You do not need any kind of license or permit to take a handgun to the range. However, lacking a PA license to carry (or an out-of-state on with reciprocity) it must be unloaded (gun and ammo NOT in the same container).

fatalz
06-11-2008, 22:47
Thanks for the response. It would be from my house to the range and back, so I guess no CCW (NJ doesn't give them anyway for the most part) is required. This is awesome news.

Thanks again.

pete1953
06-19-2008, 00:05
If you have a Florida, Virginia, or NH non-resident permit to carry, you can legally carry concealed in PA. If you don't have any of these permits and do any traveling, the Florida CCW non-resident permit will allow CCW in, I believe, 28 states. A worthwhile investment for $117 and proof of having taken training in the past 5 years.