Thinking about starting an Annual Shoot in SD [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about starting an Annual Shoot in SD

MrM4
06-12-2008, 21:53
Due to the Groton, SD shot not happening ( now that I finally bought a MG) I'm starting to wonder how much interest there would be to hold something simulare on the West side of South Dakota.

Basically: Would you attend a MG / Fun Shot in Western SD?

Timing would be some where around September- October. The range would be around 3/4 mile long, all NFA welcome , - minus explosives ( RPGS, 203's, Artillery), it way to dry here in the fall to shot that stuff. Regular Title 1 firearms would be welcome as well of course handguns/ rifles / shotguns / .50's.

Target would be stuff like Car bodys, plywood cut out targets, barrles, and some steel targets. Pay a small fee for the postion or per shooter and make a day of it. What do you guys think?

We have the land and a interest in doing it but the biggest shoots we have done were only about 10-20 people, just local guys. I am affraid we could be in over our heads, we already have the inshurance and the private property set up as a range. But it depends on how much interest there would be and if its something that we can do with out breaking the bank. With fuel being the way it is I wonder if people are willing to make the trip?
Like I said we have the bussiness end handled but how much interest would there be?
Any issues, related to holding a "larger" shot that you guys want to bring to light?

Any input would be helpful.

sdglock22
11-18-2008, 10:33
Hello, I'm fairly new to this forum and just found this thread. I think this would be a wonderful idea and had I found it sooner I would have come in Sept.:crying:.

Any chance this could become a GSSF event? Might bring in some more interest.

jergar999
02-10-2009, 16:50
If something got put together I might be able to come out. I'm in Rapid.

glock2619
03-14-2009, 10:59
I would be down with a shoot!

We will be moving back to Rapid in May. I would be willing to do some sort of a shoot.

Keep me posted.

We might need to give this forum a bit of a jump start.