Anybody used campaign posters.... as targets? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody used campaign posters.... as targets?

CatsMeow
06-15-2008, 20:05
Hi all,

I did give some thought to the idea of collecting all those campaign posters that litter the place every election and later using them as targets right after the gun ban is lifted. Particularly senatorial candidates. Especially those whom I hated but won anyway. But I was actively discouraged from doing so by others. That was some years ago. Now with the way this country is going I'm thinking about it again. Anybody got the same idea?

pogi
06-15-2008, 21:05
Hi all,

I did give some thought to the idea of collecting all those campaign posters that litter the place every election and later using them as targets right after the gun ban is lifted. Particularly senatorial candidates. Especially those whom I hated but won anyway. But I was actively discouraged from doing so by others. That was some years ago. Now with the way this country is going I'm thinking about it again. Anybody got the same idea?

Hi Ady,

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA! WOW! AM EXCITED TO TRIPLE TAP AT THE BIG NOSE!
Will NOT wait for campaign posters anymore. I see a lot of annoying, dabateably illegal and nauseating posters of ...??? around metro, brandishing a face only a mother could love

problem is: how do I snatch those so I can bring them to the range? or, should I start blasting at where they're at right now? But then, could you be my lawyer? :rofl::rofl:

CatsMeow
06-15-2008, 21:39
Hi Ady,

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA! WOW! AM EXCITED TO TRIPLE TAP AT THE BIG NOSE!
Will NOT wait for campaign posters anymore. I see a lot of annoying, dabateably illegal and nauseating posters of ...??? around metro, brandishing a face only a mother could love

problem is: how do I snatch those so I can bring them to the range? or, should I start blasting at where they're at right now? But then, could you be my lawyer? :rofl::rofl:

Oh no not that kind of lawyer.:supergrin: But I do know whom you are referring to.

I really hate the bunch in the Senate today...:upeyes:

Reminds me of a story one of my high school classmates told me: somebody had a "Beware of Dog" sign, and he was furious because it was liberally peppered with airgun hits.:supergrin:

gen1
06-15-2008, 22:59
wag lang poster ni GMA. Baka ma lagay sa watchlist ng PSG :lol:

mikey177
06-16-2008, 02:00
No, I never thought of using campaign posters as targets, but it might work.

What I thought of before was using those lifesize standees that you see in movie theaters. You don't have to prop them up anymore because they come with their own stand. They are also more or less made to scale, so you get an accurately-sized photo-quality target. The problem is, I don't have any contacts in showbiz who could help me get some.

jimbullet
06-16-2008, 04:07
Sounds very exciting already...I cant wait to grab those anti gun personalities.

cebuboy
06-16-2008, 04:33
hehehe, the ones with the candidates faces is nice for practicing head shots :) We did that before, looking forward to doing it again.

jecht_sphere
06-16-2008, 06:30
mahirap ito. instead na 150rnds lang ipuputok ko bka mag 300rnds or more pa. mapapagastos ako ng todo dito. mahirap ito, bka hindi ko mapigilan ang aking sarili na pumiga ng pumiga ng gatilyo. Ubos pera ko dito pag eto ang target board ko.

Clusterbomb
06-16-2008, 20:03
Kung life-size cut-out, poster or tarp, masarap praktisahan yan ng Mozambique technique- ha-ha. Tama, malakas nga sa bala!

But I do know of somebody who used an old building permit with the face of a mayor plastered on it as target for his 22LR rifle. The shooter lives in Tungko, San Del Monte, Bulacan and the building permit came from the Metro Manila city directly across their border.