Attn: All Ct Glockers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Attn: All Ct Glockers

KenBGlock19
06-16-2008, 08:54
Hey all!

Well, .357Magnus, Harlenm, and a few others of us are all up here in CT. What I'd like to do is start a "CT GLOCKers" club so we can arrange shoots, outings, competitions, etc.

Interested?

Let me know! :wavey:

KB

.357Magnus
06-17-2008, 19:40
Oh Yeah,
Count me in, sounds great!

KenBGlock19
06-17-2008, 20:23
Yaaaa BUDDY!!!:cool::cool::cool:

DLglock
06-19-2008, 17:57
Count me in, i am in Fairfield county. I am new to shooting and looking to get my ccw this summer. Where is the best place to take the NRA safety course around here?

KenBGlock19
06-19-2008, 18:43
PM Sent

Glad to see interest growing!

nastydru
06-30-2008, 23:26
what's up fellas? I'm in fairfield county also, just got my permit. It might be good to be around some guys with some knowledge.

btw I haven't purchased anything yet, where are the best prices and/or good customer service?

thanks in advance.....

KenBGlock19
07-01-2008, 14:07
Hey all,

Check out my new website for my NRA courses/shooting lessons offered. Feel free to email me!

http://kmbaylor.googlepages.com/home

Thanks,
Ken

Glock Dave
07-01-2008, 20:39
I'm from CT, what you got in mind?

KenBGlock19
07-01-2008, 21:13
Anything, really. I'd like to get all of us CT GLOCKers together sometime and go shooting or something. I think it'd be awesome.

Anyone have any ideas?

harlenm
07-02-2008, 18:38
what's up fellas? I'm in fairfield county also, just got my permit. It might be good to be around some guys with some knowledge.

btw I haven't purchased anything yet, where are the best prices and/or good customer service?

thanks in advance.....

Best places are Bob's in Darien, Bethany Firearms, in, you guessed it, Bethany, and arms and munitions in Monroe(also have a range to try out some guns).

Do not, I repeat, do not buy anything from Forest and Field. Don't even go there.

If you wanna drive a bit, go to JoJo's in Southington. Best selection of Black Rifles, SBR's, preban's, and other expensive goodies.

Douglas in CT
07-02-2008, 18:41
Where is this place you call Connecticut? :rofl::supergrin::supergrin:

harlenm
07-02-2008, 18:41
Anything, really. I'd like to get all of us CT GLOCKers together sometime and go shooting or something. I think it'd be awesome.

Anyone have any ideas?

Trip to Wooster Mountain for some pistol/rifle practice. Try to hit a 5" clay at 50+ yards with an AR(using iron sites), it's not easy. Best thing is shooting at empty detergent jugs there, very fun to see them fly up in the air. I can bring my clay launcher and we can shoot some clays as well.

harlenm
07-02-2008, 18:43
Where is this place you call Connecticut? :rofl::supergrin::supergrin:

It's a small state with ridiculously high taxes, horribly road conditions and traffic, highest gas prices in the nation, and no plans to make it easier on us.

Maybe you'd like to come visit one day, I hear they have really good toy stores.

DLglock
07-02-2008, 21:39
Best places are Bob's in Darien, Bethany Firearms, in, you guessed it, Bethany, and arms and munitions in Monroe(also have a range to try out some guns).

Do not, I repeat, do not buy anything from Forest and Field. Don't even go there.

If you wanna drive a bit, go to JoJo's in Southington. Best selection of Black Rifles, SBR's, preban's, and other expensive goodies.

What's wrong with Forest and Field?

Glock Dave
07-02-2008, 21:48
What's wrong with Forest and Field?

Prices there are ridiculous. Same with Arms & Munitions. I buy everything from Bethany Firearms.

harlenm
07-03-2008, 05:42
Prices there are ridiculous. Same with Arms & Munitions. I buy everything from Bethany Firearms.

Arms and Munitions isn't bad on price. I shopped around when I bought my kahr and they were the lowest. This is before I found Bethany. I really don't have loyalty to any one shop though, as all my purchases are spur of the moment.

Glock Dave
07-03-2008, 07:16
Arms & Munitions had a M&P there recently they wanted over $600 for. The same gun at Bethany is $489. Glocks at Arms & Munitions are almost $600. I've never paid more than $499. The problem is that every gun shop in Fairfield county is equally overpriced. Drive north a little bit and the difference is huge. You will easily save $100 a gun.

harlenm
07-03-2008, 13:38
Arms & Munitions had a M&P there recently they wanted over $600 for. The same gun at Bethany is $489. Glocks at Arms & Munitions are almost $600. I've never paid more than $499. The problem is that every gun shop in Fairfield county is equally overpriced. Drive north a little bit and the difference is huge. You will easily save $100 a gun.

I'm sure it is.

KenBGlock19
07-03-2008, 13:43
How far is Bethany from Trumbull, Harlen?

harlenm
07-03-2008, 20:22
How far is Bethany from Trumbull, Harlen?

25-30 minutes.

KenBGlock19
07-03-2008, 20:52
Not bad...I'll have to check that shop out.

jmatteau
07-03-2008, 21:11
New London County here, doesn't anybody live on this side of the river?

nastydru
07-04-2008, 09:39
Thanks Harlenm, I wish I would of read your responce before I went to forest and field!!!
I just purchased a G19 for $550 out the door...........($519 + tax)
It didn't sound too bad cause I usually see them for $499 and up. But I'll definitely shop around for my next one.

harlenm
07-04-2008, 19:41
I just really hate the guys there. They act like they are better than you. A-holes.

nastydru
07-05-2008, 13:00
I just really hate the guys there. They act like they are better than you. A-holes.

Now that you mention it, yea I def. second that. I thought it was just me cause I was a newb, but after at least a dozen times looking at their guns, talking to them trying to get some info/knowledge, using they're shooting range, and actaully buying my g19 there, I still get the same vibe.
I guess I would sort of understand, if they get the daily thug/young/punk/ no Pistol pemit having kid in there asking a billion questions, BUT I took my class there and got my permit (which should count for somethng, no?) so I would think they wouldn't be such deushes but 'NA still the same thing.................

That was my first and LAST gun I buy there.

Where do you guys go shooting around here? I've been to bridgeport shooting range, but would like to have other options.

harlenm
07-05-2008, 13:43
Monroe has an indoor range, on Rt. 25.

Outdoor range in Danbury, wooster Mtn. And Blue Trail in Wallingford, as soon as they re-open.

Boring
07-07-2008, 08:40
Shooting.

In Connecticut?

Next thing you know people in this state will want to OWN guns...

Count me in on the fun.

Ninpo28
07-15-2008, 06:59
Hey guys! I'm from Fairfield County also and I couldn't agree more about Forest & Field. Bought my first G19 there recently, and left feeling like I was doing them a favor. Good to know there are better options available.

Blaster
08-20-2008, 16:12
Hi Guys,

I just ran across this thread. Count me in.

chuckb891
08-24-2008, 09:56
count me in, im from hartford county, i dont mind driving

ct.glocker
08-27-2008, 19:34
count me in too.

harlenm
08-28-2008, 12:32
Summers over, and nothing has ever been arranged. We need to do it soon before it's too cold to shoot outdoors.

We need to give Blue Trail some money and support, we should all meet up there.

KenBGlock19
08-28-2008, 13:16
Can we shoot there without being members? I've never shot there before...

harlenm
08-28-2008, 15:20
Can we shoot there without being members? I've never shot there before...

Blue trail is a public range that does offer memberships.

RATES ARE PER PERSON
(Anyone who has not paid for a range ticket must stand behind the fence)

Please note the change in our rates, effective July 24, 2008

INDIVIDUAL
WEEKDAYS - $27.00
per day, no time limit. (per person shooting)
Women and Children under 16 $24.00 per day

WEEKENDS/HOLIDAYS $27.00 1st hour, $10.00 each additional hour.
Women and Children under 16 - $24.00 first hour

HOLIDAY RATES
will be charged on these dates: Jan 21, May 26, July 4, Sept 1, Oct 13, Nov 11

SHOTGUN FACILITIES
$19.00 per person all day.
Women and Children under 16 $17.00
You may rent a sit-down thrower which throws the clay pigeons for only
$35.00 per hour.

200 YD RANGE
We're sorry, but our 200 yard range is only available for air gun and bb gun shooting until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

SPECIAL ECONOMY OR FAMILY RATE CARDS
No expiration date and good for other people also. You receive $75.00 worth of range time for only $50.00 OR $50.00 worth of range time for only $35.00

YEARLY PASSES
Senior Citizens may pay in 4 installments for an additional $25 fee
Entitles bearer to shoot outdoor, indoor or shotgun field any time range is open and not conflicting with scheduled events. Good for one year from the date of purchase.
Adult men (16 and up) - $575.00
Senior citizens (60 and over) - $525.00
Women and juniors under 16 - $495.00
For the shotgun field ONLY - $425.00 for men, women, juniors or seniors.

KenBGlock19
08-28-2008, 15:23
Blue trail is a public range that does offer memberships.

Phew...a bit pricey up there, eh? I say we plan on going there - they need our support. I hear that Massad Ayoub will be up there shortly to hold a 3-hour class on a Weds night, too. Wish I could make it...it's a fundraiser for them.

Wanna get something cookin'?

harlenm
08-28-2008, 15:27
Phew...a bit pricey up there, eh? I say we plan on going there - they need our support. I hear that Massad Ayoub will be up there shortly to hold a 3-hour class on a Weds night, too. Wish I could make it...it's a fundraiser for them.

Wanna get something cookin'?

It's a lot more expensive than it used to be. They raised their rates to cover their legal fees.

I'd rather do it during the week so we don't have to pay as much, but I know it would be harder to get something together. Next weekend would probably work.

chuckb891
08-28-2008, 15:47
link for directions and other info http://www.bluetrailrange.com/Home_Page.html

KenBGlock19
08-28-2008, 15:48
It's a lot more expensive than it used to be. They raised their rates to cover their legal fees.

I'd rather do it during the week so we don't have to pay as much, but I know it would be harder to get something together. Next weekend would probably work.

I've gotta teach a class here at work next weekend. Our schedules suck, dude. :crying:

harlenm
08-28-2008, 17:02
I've gotta teach a class here at work next weekend. Our schedules suck, dude. :crying:

No, my schedule is fine. Every Wed and Sat off. It's yours that sucks!

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

KenBGlock19
08-28-2008, 19:20
LOL true that...I miss my days of working in Ops and having 3-day weekends.

YellowTT
09-23-2008, 14:42
Hi,
the best place for the class is the Bridgeport Shooting Range. It is located on the border of Bridgeport and Fairfield. There is an online schedule on their web sight.
www.bridgeportshootingrange.com (http://www.bridgeportshootingrange.com)

YellowTT
09-23-2008, 14:47
Hi,
Shop around and compare prices, make sure you also check online. When you are ready for a deal on a purchase contact a gentlemen named Doug at 860-518-6969 he will beat any price you find.

YellowTT
09-23-2008, 14:58
Hi,
You guys can count me in, I am located in North Haven not too far from Blue Trails. I have never been there (Don't know why because it is so close to me) but I would like to support and get familiar with this range.
Thanks

harlenm
09-27-2008, 14:00
The Bridgeport shooting range is nowhere near the border of Fairfield. It's in the middle of the ghetto, close to Stratford.

Not the nicest part of Bridgeport.

jtull7
09-27-2008, 16:55
I am moving to Stamford within the month. I have never lived east of the Houston Ship Channel in my life. It will be a huge change for me and my wife, but I am looking forward to meeting a few CT gun nuts. Count me in.

Douglas in CT
09-27-2008, 20:28
I am moving to Stamford within the month. I have never lived east of the Houston Ship Channel in my life. It will be a huge change for me and my wife, but I am looking forward to meeting a few CT gun nuts. Count me in.

Hi,
Ah, just in time for winter. :)

Call me when you get to town.
- I used to live in Stamford.

Now, I live up the coast in Between Bridgeport and New Havenn.

:)

harlenm
10-03-2008, 12:02
Douglas, might want to edit your post and delete your phone numbers.

ctpistol
10-12-2008, 09:29
Im in the Danbury area...have shot a lot in New Milford and up at the Hartford Gun Club.

Be interested also if anyone has some new places to shoot.

Thanks!

ChetRipley
10-21-2008, 16:32
New member here. A shoot would be fun but finding a place, time, etc. is always tough. I live 8 miles from ESPN and I see alot of you are alittle far. I also belong to the Bristol Fish & Game, but they no longer allow guest.... Newington gun and Hoffmans are two of my favs with Newington being more to my likeing. JoJos isn't far from me and is also cool.

jtull7, CT will be a change for sure. Let us know when you arrive.

chuckb891
10-23-2008, 19:51
fyi...durham gun show october 25th and 26th figured i let others since theres hardly ever any shows in CT
http://northeastgunshows.com/ or direct link
http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/loc/dur/Durham-Flyer-08.pdf

nastydru
10-25-2008, 13:33
fyi...durham gun show october 25th and 26th figured i let others since theres hardly ever any shows in CT
http://northeastgunshows.com/ or direct link
http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/loc/dur/Durham-Flyer-08.pdf

anybody make it to the show? if it's any good I might try to make it up there tomorrow morning? I'm probably 1-1 1/2 hrs away!! so just want to get a heads up before making the trip.

Glock Dave
10-25-2008, 13:47
Last time I went to a gunshow there it was pretty bad. I won't go again.

ChetRipley
10-25-2008, 15:51
anybody make it to the show? if it's any good I might try to make it up there tomorrow morning? I'm probably 1-1 1/2 hrs away!! so just want to get a heads up before making the trip.

Never been but hear it stinks

chuckb891
10-25-2008, 16:57
went today, first time i've been there, it sucked big time. 2nd gun show i've ever been too, so i figured i check it out. $10 learning experience, i wont be going there ever again.

YellowTT
10-25-2008, 18:09
Hey guys,
Just wondering when some of us can get together and go shooting. I am willing to buy some donuts and a box of joe to get things rolling. Let me know guys

( FYI: I am located in North Haven)

DTLarson
10-26-2008, 10:03
I went to the Durham show since I was already in the area teaching a motor vehicle extrication class to EMT students, and to me it seemed to only be around 100-120 tables. I was looking for a Beretta 92FS, but I didn't see any for sale. I dodn't really like the amount of Nazi paraphanlia what was there.

I'm from the Monroe/Trumbull area and would be up for meeting up with people. I shoot at the Bridgeport shooting range and at the Fairfield County Fish and Game club in Newtown. If anyone is interested in the winter they do falling plates.

mrnuke7571
11-05-2008, 16:13
Hey all.

We're thinking of setting up something for CT members in the future too over at www.ctguntalk.com (http://www.ctguntalk.com).

We usually get a few people to meet up at HIghRock Shooting range in naugatuck as it's a cheap and great out door place, but in the colder weather, best to stick to a GOOD indoor place.

Come by the forum and see if we can get a larger meet setup.

lugger007
11-18-2008, 10:35
Good afternoon all. I'm new to this site, but just wanted to introduce my self. I'm Brian and I am also from Ct. During the summer I live in Monroe and during school year I live up in New Britain.
So if anyone wants to meet up to shoot I'd be in.

I just recently purchased my first glock a 19. So still getting used to it and learning a lot.

Brian

KenBGlock19
11-18-2008, 10:45
Welcome, Brian!

beatcop
11-25-2008, 02:43
Any Ledyard Sportsman's Club members?

ImMachine
01-01-2009, 19:59
Where in Southington is JoJo's? Never heard of it. Thanks.

ImMachine
01-01-2009, 20:13
Never mind. I forgot....I have the internet. :crazy: How are their prices and selection?

chuckb891
01-02-2009, 07:21
JoJo's is more of a gunsmith/custom shop, so their selection is limited. i havent been there in about a year (so things may have changed) they had about 15 pistols and 1 AR on display they are great with ARs and 1911s. http://www.jojosgunworks.com/

harlenm
01-06-2009, 21:14
JoJo's is more of a gunsmith/custom shop, so their selection is limited. i havent been there in about a year (so things may have changed) they had about 15 pistols and 1 AR on display they are great with ARs and 1911s. http://www.jojosgunworks.com/

Things have changed. Last time there they had dozens of Glocks, 1911's, HK's, etc. Plus, they have dozens of custom AR's, lost of them, nice ones, expensive ones. Plus some custom M1A's, lots of AR parts, mags, ammo, etc.

Awesome place.

KenBGlock19
02-10-2009, 16:59
Let this be your fair warning with regards to being a customer at K-5 Arms in Milford, CT. I have been a customer there for over a year and the way they treated me and that I've seen others treated before is absolutely insulting.

I went there this evening to purchase a shotgun. Tried to negotiate a lower price, but they wouldn't budge. So, the salesman tells me that he'll hook me up with some shells after all the stuff is done (paperwork, etc).

So, I give them my money (~$400) and say "thanks." The other salesman(boy), Matt, goes and picks up 2 boxes of 5-round crap ammo. The gun is a 7-shot.

So, I look at the other guy - Allen - and he says he's going to get some stuff off the free shelf. I see him walk back out with 2 boxes of target loads. Cool, I think. Then the third guy pushes him back into the office and says "what are you doing, man?" I hear them whisper/argue, and he comes out and says "we don't have anything else for you." Then the two young guys, Matt and some other dude stand there looking at me like I'm a piece of crap that didn't just drop $400 of my hard-earned money on a brand new shotgun. I told them that I wish they had told me all of this before I handed them my money, and they basically told me to F myself.

What a crappy way to do business, fellas. So, I told him that it was a bad way to conduct business and that he'd just lost a customer that had been going there (reluctantly) for a year or so. He claimed that he was sorry and that "the ammo was old and they didn't want to give it to me" (RIGGGHHTTTT!) etc. Buncha BS if you ask me. If it was old, you'd have properly disposed of it and not made such a fuss over giving it away.

UPDATE: I just got home and realized that I didn't have a receipt. I called them and asked if they had it on the counter. They then put me on hold for 5+ minutes and never came back on the phone. I called back, Matt - the punk kid that was there - told me that he put it in the bag and they didn't have it. Then I got pissed, told them that they have made this EXCEEDINGLY difficult to do business with, and that I wanted my reciept. He then proceeded to CURSE ME OUT and HANG UP ON ME.

I will be calling the local news stations and writing an article for my local paper. The Better Business Bureau will be contacted tomorrow, as well. This is ridiculous. The owner of this shop has a reputation around here and he just proved it.

As gun owners, we work hard for our guns. These pieces of crap take the fun and excitement right out of it. Every. Single. Time.

I'd recommend a Guns n' Safes, Hoffman's, or Newington Gun Exchange.

My students will also be directed elsewhere from now on. Fortunately, I know a lot of local shooters.

Glock Dave
02-10-2009, 17:09
That doesn't surprise me at all. I stopped going there a long time ago. Prices alone are insulting. I don't understand why people don't comparison shop and see they are spending $100-$200 more at K-5 than they are at other places. I would now like to make a public announcement.

TO ALL WHO ARE READING THIS, DO NOT BUY GUNS AT PLACES LIKE K-5, FOREST AND FIELD, ARMS & MUNITIONS, VALLEY FIREARMS OR OTHERS IN AND AROUND FAIRFIELD COUNTY. ALL SHOPS ARE WAAAAAY OVER PRICED. DRIVE 45 MINUTES NORTH AND SAVE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS. WHY PAY $650-$700 FOR A GUN THAT ONLY COST $450-$500 AT BETHANY FIREARMS OR NEWINGTON GUN EXCHANGE!!!!!!!

KenBGlock19
02-10-2009, 17:19
FWIW, I had price shopped for a few days, and after calculating the hour-there, hour-back drive to Newington, it wasn't justifying the extra $10 K-5 wanted for the shotgun.

Needless to say, I regret that.

Glock Dave
02-10-2009, 18:24
FWIW, I had price shopped for a few days, and after calculating the hour-there, hour-back drive to Newington, it wasn't justifying the extra $10 K-5 wanted for the shotgun.

Needless to say, I regret that.

That must have been a rare occurence if it was only $10 more. My father bought a S&W M&P from Bethany for $489. K-5 wanted $650!!!!!

Douglas in CT
02-10-2009, 20:28
Ken,
You are not alone in your opinion of K-5 Arms (previously of Stratford, CT).
There are many others who will not set foot ever again in that shop.

harlenm
02-11-2009, 15:46
Like I said to Ken in the other thread, I only shop at JoJo's, Bethany, or Bob's. I know some people think Bob's is over priced, but they give me good deals, and Bob is one of the nicest guys around.

I've never been to NGX, so i don't know much about them.

ctpistol
02-12-2009, 21:40
If these guys make Hoffmans look friendly.....they must be serious losers! - aside from a $499 Glock I wont buy anything at Hoffmans.

Id also rec's Housatonic Valley Firearms in New Milford - small shop one guy with some neat stuff...and always honest and fair.

I have heard good things about Bethany also.